Canadian Real Estate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
Canadian Real Estate

With the recent downfall in the US market do you guys believe us Canadian will get hit as well? I know that some builders now are not selling like they used to, but are prices going to decrease significantly from here? I would say the Toronto condo market is over valued but what about other areas?

Dan

Old 02-11-2008, 08:42 AM
PorscheLVR is on a distinguished road
I think my fellow Calgarians would agree that the prices here are a little crazy. I moved to Calgary 3 years ago from a small town in Ontario (Brockville) and the difference in prices is amazing. I think the people that are hurt the most are the ones who arn't in the market yet (like myself). I'm lucky enough to have a great place to live but I do want to buy in the near future and havn't quite figured out how I'll afford it.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:24 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
We are in for a market correction.....NO DOUBT..... Prices in the GTA are ridicules.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Subscribed.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:54 AM
c21realestategu is on a distinguished road
Market is still good in Ontario.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:44 PM
jungzilla is on a distinguished road
the market is due for a correction very soon.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:27 PM
604_Coast will become famous soon enough604_Coast will become famous soon enough
Lower Mainland in BC is a special circumstance. Esp in the Sea to Sky area, with the Olympics coming we're expecting the numbers to keep on climbing.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:44 PM
flyinggonzo is on a distinguished road
No. There will be a slow-down in Canada because our economies are linked, but we wont see much of a drop in the RE market. The Canadian and US RE markets are fundamentally different, driven by factors from tax policy, to investor makeup, to product offers.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:41 PM
focusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to all
I don't see a correction coming because interest rates are low and falling, you can now get 40 year mortgages, sub-prime mortgages are not a problem here, and the Canadian dollar has higher buying power for imported goods. All of which does not signal a correction.

That said I think things will slow-down as speculators get out of the market, especially out west. But I would be expecting real estate appreciation close to the rate of inflation.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:02 PM
jungzilla is on a distinguished road
what do you guys think about commercial real estate? do you think cap rate will go up?

Old 02-15-2008, 05:04 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 604_Coast
Lower Mainland in BC is a special circumstance. Esp in the Sea to Sky area, with the Olympics coming we're expecting the numbers to keep on climbing.
I think that the growth in Vancouver is slowing down a bit, but still going up faster then most area's in Canada.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Adismo is on a distinguished road
(suburban areas around) Detroit is one of the hardest hit US areas. i'm no analyst but anyone know how Windsor has been doing lately? could that even be predictive of Canada real estate in general?

Old 02-18-2008, 05:24 PM
604_Coast will become famous soon enough604_Coast will become famous soon enough
I don't think Windsor would be indicative of the Canadian market as a whole due to its dependence on one main industry.

Last edited by 604_Coast; 02-18-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Icedout44 is on a distinguished road
Burlington/Oakville/Ancater/Waterdown & Milton are still booming. Prices have never been higher.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Loose is infamous around these parts
alberta is still very expensive

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Canadian Real Estate