C4S Suspension Swap in Edmonton

Old 04-30-2011, 09:11 AM
RobS is on a distinguished road
C4S Suspension Swap in Edmonton

Hi everyone,

I just bought an '03 996 C4S with Bilstein PSS9 coilovers and was hoping to swap them out for stock. The extra ground clearance would come in handy since I'm planning on driving the car year-round. Was wondering if any local C4S owners were looking to upgrade to Bilsteins. I was thinking maybe if you cover the cost of the install we could call it even on the parts, or whatever else is fair. From looking at the part numbers it doesn't look like non-C4S parts would work but I could be wrong about that, so some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 05-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
i have Stock Suspension from my 2004 C4S with 45,000km on it. Will do a Straight Trade with you if you want... PM Me. Will ship you mine and you ship me yours

Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Zookie
i have Stock Suspension from my 2004 C4S with 45,000km on it. Will do a Straight Trade with you if you want... PM Me. Will ship you mine and you ship me yours
Thanks for the offer but I'm only looking to do a straight trade on the parts if the install is covered. Otherwise I'd rather buy a set of stock suspension and sell the Bilsteins separately.

If anyone has a set of stock suspension for sale, please PM me details.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 05-05-2011, 11:41 AM
thebananaman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RobS
Hi everyone,

I just bought an '03 996 C4S with Bilstein PSS9 coilovers and was hoping to swap them out for stock. The extra ground clearance would come in handy since I'm planning on driving the car year-round. Was wondering if any local C4S owners were looking to upgrade to Bilsteins. I was thinking maybe if you cover the cost of the install we could call it even on the parts, or whatever else is fair. From looking at the part numbers it doesn't look like non-C4S parts would work but I could be wrong about that, so some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Rob,
Should be the same as my 996tt. I may be interested in just doing a swap for the stock set on my car now. I am in Edmonton.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
You do know that PSS9's are height adjustable, right? Most people lower them, but you could just as easily raise them to or BEYOND stock height for winter. And you'd still have the adjustability of the 9 stage valving. Anyway, getting to stock ride height (or higher in winter and lower in summer) is just a question of buying some Coilover adjustment wrenches. You know, wrench each coilover up or down an inch or two each spring/fall. And since you're gonna have to swap out tires for the winter set, you'll already have the wheels off. Pretty simple, pretty quick.

But as per Bananaman's comment, yep, they'll fit across with the turbo's units.

By the way Rob, what colour is your C4S? We'll look for you around town. And do come for some drives, or even just Caffeine and Octane on Saturday mornings. Looking forward to seeing you out. Same goes for you Bananaman.

Last edited by Superfly; 05-05-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:35 PM
PORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura about
Hello there folks. I'm from Edmonton also and interested in coming out to some meets as well. Where do you all get together on Saturday mornings?

Cheers,

Ray

Old 05-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PORSCHEFREAK
Hello there folks. I'm from Edmonton also and interested in coming out to some meets as well. Where do you all get together on Saturday mornings?

Cheers,

Ray
Send me a PM Ray, I'll get the info to you.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Superfly
You do know that PSS9's are height adjustable, right? Most people lower them, but you could just as easily raise them to or BEYOND stock height for winter.
Not true i have had my PSS9's now for 5 years, and when my raise my car back up for the Winter months (every year) its still 1" Lower than Stock Height all the way up... But yes it does help but still 1" Lower than stock height all the way to...

Old 05-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Zookie
Not true i have had my PSS9's now for 5 years, and when my raise my car back up for the Winter months (every year) its still 1" Lower than Stock Height all the way up... But yes it does help but still 1" Lower than stock height all the way to...
Wow, learn something new every day. I really thought they could be set up to completely stock height or more. Maybe the turbo cars sit lower than the C4S?? Naw, probably not.

I never really thought about it when I put my coilovers on, it was specifically for better shocks/springs, to lower the car and to corner balance the car. And I've thought about raising for the winter, but I've yet to really want to drive it in our winter. Maybe this year I will.........

Old 05-10-2011, 11:06 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RobS
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Rob
hi Rob,

Any idea how many KMs are on those PSS9s? I'm in town and I might be interested. The suspension you'd be getting would be off a low mileage 05 996tt-s

Old 05-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Hey, saw the responses now. I'm considering just keeping the Bilsteins and raising them but like Zookie wrote, even at their highest they're lower than stock. I was thinking that even the stock ride height wouldn't provide much ground clearance, so anything lower likely wouldn't work for me. Not sure though, still weighing my options and trying to find the best solution.