PORSCHE 911 Value with hop ups

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 06:29 AM
andrewturk1970 is on a distinguished road
PORSCHE 911 Value with hop ups

Hi

Just joined and looking to finally make the plunge and buy my dream car.

I have been looking into various used porsche 911's and I found one that I like alot!

I am from the Harley World and I KNOW that any additions you make to your bike, doesnt mean that a new owner will pay more to aquire said Bike if you sell. So, I sunk $30,000 in my old Harley and only sold it for $20,000

ok, lesson learned. But now, while thinking of purchasing this 2008 Porsche, which has a TON of extra stuff on it like Headers, Race clutch,fender package, exhaust, Rims and tires.. + + + etc....

My question is this... do these extra parts drastically add to the value of this car, or is this a wash? OR is this a negative.
Truly, I really like the look due to the fender package, but I don't really care if it has all of these performance upgrades on it... so I am unwilling to pay for them.....

so, please tell me if it worth paying extra for performance work and add ons ?

thanks very much and i look forward to contributing to this forum once i buy the damn thing!

Andrew

Old 03-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
2008 what? there were 40 different 911 Models in 2008

Old 03-29-2014, 09:37 AM
type

Hmm... well, i don't know what it exactly matters really, as the question is more Generally speaking... but its a 997 turbo - 2008.

I just trying to figure out if all of these extras that the other dude put on the car should be considered something i want or should pay for.

thanks

Andrew

Old 03-30-2014, 07:43 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
It depends on the mods.

Popular tunes and exhaust may slightly increase value. Body mods, race clutches and the like will likely decrease value.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:27 AM
thanks

Thank you for your reply Jamie.

Here is a list of some of the stuff that this car has, and as I am not any kind of expert on upgrades, im not sure if I should pay for these add ons, or not in the final asking price.... of course the seller want to capture his investment.... Please comment on these if they are adding value or not.
thanks again for your input.

Carbon ceramic brakes
GT2 Race clutch
Bilstein adjustable suspension
H&R sway bars
Promotive 165 turbo upgrade
ECUupgrade
Race tubi exhaust
upgraded intercoolers by Clubsport

Old 03-30-2014, 03:06 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by andrewturk1970
Thank you for your reply Jamie.

Here is a list of some of the stuff that this car has, and as I am not any kind of expert on upgrades, im not sure if I should pay for these add ons, or not in the final asking price.... of course the seller want to capture his investment.... Please comment on these if they are adding value or not.
thanks again for your input.

Carbon ceramic brakes
GT2 Race clutch
Bilstein adjustable suspension
H&R sway bars
Promotive 165 turbo upgrade
ECUupgrade
Race tubi exhaust
upgraded intercoolers by Clubsport
Tasteful mods. Likely worth 25% - 45% on resale to the right buyer. Make sure the clutch doesn't affect day to day drivability.

Always get a ppi from a trusted source.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:23 PM
Upgrades

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the tips.

However, Do you mean 25% - 45% of the parts original purchase price ?
(if he spent $10,000, now its worth $2,500 - 4,500 approx) ?
then added to the cars Estimated Value.

If correct, I now have a good idea of the total value.

thanks again!

Old 03-30-2014, 06:45 PM
That's correct, but only if those are mods you value or would consider doing.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:45 AM
breakfast is infamous around these partsbreakfast is infamous around these partsbreakfast is infamous around these parts
for the vast majority of bikes and cars. mods do not add value.
A pristine, well kept (and usually lower miles) will always bring more money. There are exceptions of course, but generally stock is best in terms of value.

I also hate with these cars how sellers quote original retail price. like that means didly. Cool you have some over priced porsche carbon trim options. It doesnt make your 12 year old car worth drastically more than whatever the market is. Just an odd thing about the market and pet peeve of mine.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:32 AM
Goldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the roughGoldstar is a jewel in the rough
Hey Jamie, welcome to the forum.
I also came from HD world to P-car, no regrets.
Mod values work same here, you personalize because you enjoy it and have a passion about the machine. It's not about value retention of mods.
Typically works out great for the next owner.
The TT is great with mods. Find the one you love and the mods will likely hardly impact the cost.
Moving from HD to P-car was much easier than I anticipated. Was a dark day when I cut my ties with HD, but getting this car has made never to look back. It's a thrill and I love every moment behind the wheel.

Enjoy the hunt for yours.
If you have any questions or want to discuss, feel free to PM me.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Sir5n is on a distinguished road
Hey, sounds like it has some mod's but...
I read an article in the last Panarama that made me lose my envy of PCCB. Review pointed to an $18K replacement. Parts only and especially obvious on track cars.
Something to keep in mind.

Last edited by Sir5n; 12-02-2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: sp...