Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How to clean tan leather?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:20 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Question How to clean tan leather?

How do you guys clean your sand beige leather seats. Day by day, my seats are getting darker and darker. I want to stop this. Genuine Porsche leather conditioner doesn't clean it. Help

Old 01-22-2008, 04:42 PM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
What? You don't like that 'richer' color??? LOL...

Ask this in Detailing forum... I use Leather Master products but I don't know if they work since I have 'black' interior...

I'm sure ppl in Detailing forum wil have great answers.

John

Old 01-22-2008, 11:13 PM
TCM
TCM will become famous soon enough
You need to use cleaner and then top off with a conditioner. I prefer Lexol Cleaner and Zymol Treat conditioner, but there are many good options out there. Scrub cleaner in with damn cloth, buff off with wet rag, then apply conditioner after letting area dry a bit. Hope this helps.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:40 PM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
Or you can try using a steamer...but I will not be responsible if anything is damaged though...

Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I highly recommend Meguiars rich gold class leather cleaner and conditioner, it removes the black stains and makes the leather feel as soft as day one. Its very straightforward and easy to use, you just apply the cleaner and conditioner to a clean towel and start cleaning by moving the towel clockwise and try to cover all of the area that has been dirty; however this is only enough to clean one a month so it looks like new.

I take my Cayenne S every 6 months to get it professionally done, I would recommend you to get the car done by a professional detailer so that the leather lasts and wont crack with time.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:15 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Living in michigan makes things harder due to bad weather conditions. Thank you very much for your replies

Old 01-30-2008, 08:22 PM
ACE76 is on a distinguished road
I used to always use the leather cleaner first and then conditioner...but I saw Meguiars all in one cleaner/conditioner one day while at Pep boys and decided to give it a try...it has worked better for me than any other cleaner and conditioner...I strongly recommend it.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:33 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ACE76
I used to always use the leather cleaner first and then conditioner...but I saw Meguiars all in one cleaner/conditioner one day while at Pep boys and decided to give it a try...it has worked better for me than any other cleaner and conditioner...I strongly recommend it.
That is the one I mentioned, I agree its fantastic it really made life easier for me in which removing the stains and dirt quickly with a swipe.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:03 PM
ACE76 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
That is the one I mentioned, I agree its fantastic it really made life easier for me in which removing the stains and dirt quickly with a swipe.
Sorry about that...I read the original post and immediately thought of the product we both use...didn't even see that you wrote the same until after I posted

It amazed me how much better this all-in-one worked compared to more expensive seperate cleaners and conditioners....it even has a nice smell to it so your car has a semi new car scent after your done applying it

Side note - I remember once seing a small line that was a crack from being dry on my front driver seat...after I applied this cleaner it completely went away after a few hours...awesome if you ask me.

By the way, I see that your from Kuwait...my uncle and his entire family lived in Kuwait for like 10 years before moving to the U.S. My cousin still goes back to visit every now and then and is always asking me to come with him...I need to make it out there for a vacation in the future.

Last edited by ACE76; 01-30-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by ACE76
Sorry about that...I read the original post and immediately thought of the product we both use...didn't even see that you wrote the same until after I posted

It amazed me how much better this all-in-one worked compared to more expensive seperate cleaners and conditioners....it even has a nice smell to it so your car has a semi new car scent after your done applying it

Side note - I remember once seing a small line that was a crack from being dry on my front driver seat...after I applied this cleaner it completely went away after a few hours...awesome if you ask me.

That is amazing, the crack went with a product that is in-expensive.