Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How can I install a park assist system to my Cayenne S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:50 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
How can I install a park assist system to my Cayenne S?

Hello guys. My 08 CS does not have the parking assist system and I really miss my old car when parking. Is there a way to add parking assist to my car? Genuine porsche one will be preferred.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:06 PM
factoryKITTED is on a distinguished road
buy a GC SRT8...all aside im not sure, i would go to the dealer

Old 01-25-2008, 04:54 PM
How can you compare Cherokee with a Porsche? I would never ever get into an SRT8. Cherokee should learn how to design a car, especially interior design.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:09 PM
V12
V12 is on a distinguished road
They have after market kits, I would try your local car mod dealers. I know the place i go used to put them on. And I can get the kit from oversea cheap, you just have to find someone install it.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by canberk
How can you compare Cherokee with a Porsche? I would never ever get into an SRT8. Cherokee should learn how to design a car, especially interior design.
interior is horrible and the thing gets like 5 mpg!

Old 01-25-2008, 08:28 PM
If you pump that much gasoline to me, I can run faster than that SRT8 thing

Old 01-25-2008, 08:46 PM
wwjd is on a distinguished road
How's your '08 Maserati Granturismo ? Is it stronger and louder than your Cayenne S much more? I'm looking at that car... Thank you..

Old 01-25-2008, 09:18 PM
wilfred is on a distinguished road
Hello guys. My 08 CS does not have the parking assist system and I really miss my old car when parking. Is there a way to add parking assist to my car? Genuine porsche one will be preferred.
In order to install genuine parts on one that does not have it, I would think the price tag would be astronomical. Along with the system & sensors, you might need a new dashboard for the lights in middle and new front & rear bumper covers + paint...

So I think aftermarket is the way to go. And I can tell you it's the installation you have to watch out for, they do have to drill quite a few holes into your bumpers. Parts are pretty much the same, I have seen many dealer-installed units and they are not much different than the ones you see on ebay.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Wilfred can you recommend me a good aftermarket park assist system that I can find on ebay? Thanks.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:56 PM
About the granturismo, if you are to compare the engine power, I suggest you stick with a CTT, otherwise it sounds nicer, not like german cars, little different, and granturismo has the best interior design i've ever seen on a car. They let you choose the brake caliper color and black exterior with yellow calipers look so cool on mine. If the weather conditions are not good, like in Michigan, don't ever consider this car.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:12 AM
wwjd is on a distinguished road
About the granturismo, if you are to compare the engine power, I suggest you stick with a CTT, otherwise it sounds nicer, not like german cars, little different, and granturismo has the best interior design i've ever seen on a car. They let you choose the brake caliper color and black exterior with yellow calipers look so cool on mine. If the weather conditions are not good, like in Michigan, don't ever consider this car.
Thank you your opinions.
I found all the porsche with turbo(Cayenne and 911, not GT2) are softer than nature engine, the sound of my CTT's engine doesn't like have 500HP, its too quiet and soft, likes a luxury car's style, doesn't sport enough, but just the sound. Anyway, I won't trade my CTT, I like it, I just thinking about buy a new Maser GT or not.
Lately I met a Maser GT on the tunnel, when he tried to pass me, its sounds pretty strong. Also I thinking about the performance, cuz in MA only one Maser dealer.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:13 AM
wilfred is on a distinguished road
Wilfred can you recommend me a good aftermarket park assist system that I can find on ebay? Thanks.
DEI (Directed Electronic Inc) # 9401T

They definitely cost more than the rest but their products are consistently decent ~ good And considering the money on labor you have to spend, the difference is peanuts.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:24 AM
About the sound of maserati, you can get the same sound with your cayenne by modifying your exhaust a little bit as cayennes are too quiet to be because of the factory exhaust

Old 01-27-2008, 04:52 PM
factoryKITTED is on a distinguished road
08 interior which i have is much much better than 06/07. I myself wouldnt buy the 06/07 just for that reason. I have no problem saying the 06/07 GC SRT8 interior is terrible. You should drive one. It will put a smile on your face everytime it starts up.

You will never catch me in your rear view thats for sure.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by factoryKITTED
08 interior which i have is much much better than 06/07. I myself wouldnt buy the 06/07 just for that reason. I have no problem saying the 06/07 GC SRT8 interior is terrible. You should drive one. It will put a smile on your face everytime it starts up.

You will never catch me in your rear view thats for sure.
go trim your mullet!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How can I install a park assist system to my Cayenne S?