Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Does pasm lower the car to low setting at high speeds?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:09 AM
hblocal is on a distinguished road
Does pasm lower the car to low setting at high speeds?

I have the drop links and on the highway the 'low setting' becomes unbearabley bumpy so i usually just leave it on normal setting. But I noticed sometimes at high speeds the arrow pointing down on the air suspension lever will flash indicating its adjusting to the 'low' level?

Is this normal? I always thought the pasm raised the car to normal height at high speeds but does it lower back to low level at even higher speeds?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:18 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
It does mention in the manual that it will lower the vehicle at speed. I don't remember the exact speed this occurs but I believe it is somewhere aroung or over 100mph.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:46 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
So here is a detailed explanation of how your vehicle lowers itself.

If you are in the loading level, you can drive off with that height, but your vehicle will go up to normal level after you reach 5mph. If you are driving off with low level, it will stay the same until you reach 80mph. After 80mph, your vehicle will lower itself to a special height that you can't lower to manually.

If you drive your car off when it is at the highest setting, which is called Supp. Terrain Level, it will lower itself to Terrain level after 15mph. If you drive off when it is at Terrain level, it will go down to normal level after 50mph.

Hope this helps

Old 03-19-2008, 04:55 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
^ great explanation, thanks Canberk.

hblocal- how much lower is your Pepper at 'normal' setting with the links vs. stock?

Old 03-20-2008, 12:04 AM
hblocal is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
^ great explanation, thanks Canberk.

hblocal- how much lower is your Pepper at 'normal' setting with the links vs. stock?
Thanks Canberk, that was exactly what I needed to know. I wonder if the modules disables this function. I actually like the function because it makes sense to lower the center of gravity at higher speeds. Just not when I have drop links in and it gets extremely bumpy on the highway on the low setting.

My pepper is about 2-2.25 inches lower than stock setting i believe. It's way too low, I need to lift it about an inch to be safe and not risk popping any airbags.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:16 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
i believe it's better not to have links, it's way too much modding for a vehicle...