Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne GTS prices?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Spencer35 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MIGZ
just got one yesterday, $6,500 off sticker.
Where in CA did you get it?

I was being quoted around $5K off this past weekend, but due to timing I had to pass

Old 06-05-2008, 04:35 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Chuck - do you think the PDCC option(did you test it?) is worth it for the GTS? I know on the Turbo is makes a difference but I don't know if I can tell that much from the GTS.

I might get a Sand White with Natural Gray.

I am still a little confused on the Springs Chassis tuning they are talking about. Since it comes with Air - how different is it from the PASM/Air that I have on my CS? I don't see the springs they used, etc when they talk about the suspension. Since Air is a standard feature did they offer Steel Springs for the Euro Market only?

I like my 08 CS and I am not 100% convinced if I would pull the trigger on the GTS yet. I am close but not close enough for the 15K difference.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:36 PM
MIGZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spencer35
Where in CA did you get it?

I was being quoted around $5K off this past weekend, but due to timing I had to pass
Walter's Porsche Riverside

Old 06-05-2008, 09:50 PM
LAbull is on a distinguished road
I can get the same deal at Rusnak Westlake. Ordering a 09 so I passed.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Black V12 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Chuck - do you think the PDCC option(did you test it?) is worth it for the GTS? I know on the Turbo is makes a difference but I don't know if I can tell that much from the GTS.

I am still a little confused on the Springs Chassis tuning they are talking about. Since it comes with Air - how different is it from the PASM/Air that I have on my CS? I don't see the springs they used, etc when they talk about the suspension. Since Air is a standard feature did they offer Steel Springs for the Euro Market only?

I like my 08 CS and I am not 100% convinced if I would pull the trigger on the GTS yet. I am close but not close enough for the 15K difference.
Is this car available with the six-speed in the U.S.? If so, I'll buy one.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:57 AM
Pugman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Black V12
Yep. I see you're in Chicago; I believe there is one in stock at Loeber Motors in Lincolnwood.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:09 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute

We have had three Cayennes. A CS with steel springs, a turbo with PASM/Air and this GTS. The steel spring suspension rode really rough and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. The Turbo with PASM was much better and didn't beat you up on long rides. I have to say that the PDCC is leaps ahead of the Turbo. The ride is very sports car like and corners absolutely flat, doesn't squat or dive either. We searched for one with PDCC and I am glad we did. In my opinion a "must have" option.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:11 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Black V12
Yes it is but it's not selling well with the manual transmission. I would guess that enthusiastic second/third owners will seek them out though much like second and third owners of the Porsche 928 have been doing for years....... They will be a rare bird one day.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:39 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chuck z
We have had three Cayennes. A CS with steel springs, a turbo with PASM/Air and this GTS. The steel spring suspension rode really rough and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. The Turbo with PASM was much better and didn't beat you up on long rides. I have to say that the PDCC is leaps ahead of the Turbo. The ride is very sports car like and corners absolutely flat, doesn't squat or dive either. We searched for one with PDCC and I am glad we did. In my opinion a "must have" option.
Chuck thanks for your feedback. I don't think the dealership I am around has the PDCC options on any of the GTS's. I was told the GM didn't want to order them with that option since they felt the GTS provided handling/flat cornering as well as the Turbo with PDCC so it was overkill. I am curious as to the PDCC on a GTS to see if I can tell that much of a difference. I don't know if going for a drive in the 08 Turbo's with PDCC on would really show me the difference since they use a softer spring/sway than the GTS(from what I was told).

For the options that I want I will have to order an 09 if I want one. They will work me the same deal as an 08 so I am not worried about that. Since I have PASM/AIR on my current 08 CS I think I can find an overseas buyer(they tend to buy Cayennes will PASM/AIR more often than not). My dealer had one interested in my SUV last week that was from Europe. So i might take them up on it if that itch can't be scratched

You know that itch don't you?

Old 06-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Chuck thanks for your feedback. I don't think the dealership I am around has the PDCC options on any of the GTS's. I was told the GM didn't want to order them with that option since they felt the GTS provided handling/flat cornering as well as the Turbo with PDCC so it was overkill. I am curious as to the PDCC on a GTS to see if I can tell that much of a difference. I don't know if going for a drive in the 08 Turbo's with PDCC on would really show me the difference since they use a softer spring/sway than the GTS(from what I was told).

For the options that I want I will have to order an 09 if I want one. They will work me the same deal as an 08 so I am not worried about that. Since I have PASM/AIR on my current 08 CS I think I can find an overseas buyer(they tend to buy Cayennes will PASM/AIR more often than not). My dealer had one interested in my SUV last week that was from Europe. So i might take them up on it if that itch can't be scratched

You know that itch don't you?
I sure do, it's gotten scratched a lot lately..... Only b/c we didn't get vehicles with the options we really wanted so I would say if I were you; get the stuff on it you want? You deal with Hennessy or Ellis? A friend of mine is the Parts Manager at Hennessy. Great guy, he came from Hendrick Porsche.

I have not driven a GTS w/o PDCC so I can't really compare. I think resale on a GTS with PDCC is going to be better than one w/o b/c people are going to be looking for it. I'm glad we held out for one with it.

Good luck.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Chuck,

Did you get Full Leather?

Old 06-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by LAbull
Chuck,

Did you get Full Leather?
Of the list of options we wanted, full leather was not on the GTS we ended up buying (everything else was though). We are going to replace the plasticy fugly dash, center stack trim, door panels and center arm rest with the Porsche leather parts. Full leather is a "must have" option in my opinion.

We did get the Porsche crests in the headrests and are going to replace the rear headrests with units with the Porsche crest. Why do you suppose when you buy "porsche crested headrests" Porsche only puts crests on the front set of headrests? nevermind....... I think I know why!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Of the list of options we wanted, full leather was not on the GTS we ended up buying (everything else was though). We are going to replace the plasticy fugly dash, center stack trim, door panels and center arm rest with the Porsche leather parts. Full leather is a "must have" option in my opinion.

We did get the Porsche crests in the headrests and are going to replace the rear headrests with units with the Porsche crest. Why do you suppose when you buy "porsche crested headrests" Porsche only puts crests on the front set of headrests? nevermind....... I think I know why!
The first thing I noticed when I got inside the 08's around here was that cheap plastic. That being said I'll spring for the full leather.
That's one of the reasons I was going to get the RR before considering the GTS was the interior.

Really, only front. Another 250 bucks for back. Oy.
I have to find the option for lube on this "options (to rape me) list"

I have been looking all over LA for a Pano roof at a dealer and I can't find one. I ordered it sight unseen. Does it open above the drivers head like a moon roof would? I can't tell from your pix.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:07 AM
"The latest Porsche Communication Management system, PCM 3.0, which includes a new touchscreen feature, will be standard on all new 911s. Along with this upgraded system, options such as a hard disk drive navigation system, XM radio with XM NavTraffic capability, Bluetooth® connectivity, iPOD® port, USB port, and aux jack will be available."

Woo Hoo....

Old 06-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Pugman is on a distinguished road

Chuck, any idea of the complexity/cost involved in the after-the-fact leather upgrade? I have a 2009 GTS on order (Nordic Gold/Havanna Beige/6-speed manual; being built this month!) and tried to change from the standard interior to full leather a few weeks after placing the order, but was told it was too late since the order was already "in the system."

Also, for the Porsche crests in the rear headrest, do you replace the whole unit or just re-cover? I ordered it for the front, and thought it weird that it wasn't offered for the rear; especially in light of some of the goofier options they offer for the interior trim (does anyone really order "defroster trim and mirror attachment point in leather"?). Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS prices?