Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne GTS prices?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 01:16 PM
mylai996 is on a distinguished road
Anybody has the 09 order guide for the GTS? Besides the pcm 3.0, I know that Canadian GTS 09 model will include macademia metallic as a new color. Anybody knows that it will be available for US too? If it is, I plan to order a 6 spd man in that color. I am still debating whether to get the pcm 3.0 but I'll need to learn more when more information is available.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:58 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LAbull
The first thing I noticed when I got inside the 08's around here was that cheap plastic. That being said I'll spring for the full leather.
That's one of the reasons I was going to get the RR before considering the GTS was the interior.

Really, only front. Another 250 bucks for back. Oy.
I have to find the option for lube on this "options (to rape me) list"

I have been looking all over LA for a Pano roof at a dealer and I can't find one. I ordered it sight unseen. Does it open above the drivers head like a moon roof would? I can't tell from your pix.
We still have our RR but it is sold, just waiting for the check to clear. It too is plastic just better looking plastic.

The pano roof can be opened just like a regular sunroof or opened all the way which makes if feel like a convertible! It is awesome. There are 15 seperate settings even one where the glass can be opened only over the rear seats. It's very cool! Another must have option in my opinion.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:01 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pugman
Chuck, any idea of the complexity/cost involved in the after-the-fact leather upgrade? I have a 2009 GTS on order (Nordic Gold/Havanna Beige/6-speed manual; being built this month!) and tried to change from the standard interior to full leather a few weeks after placing the order, but was told it was too late since the order was already "in the system."

Also, for the Porsche crests in the rear headrest, do you replace the whole unit or just re-cover? I ordered it for the front, and thought it weird that it wasn't offered for the rear; especially in light of some of the goofier options they offer for the interior trim (does anyone really order "defroster trim and mirror attachment point in leather"?). Thanks!
To replace everything with Porsche leather it's going to cost ~$8k installed. I'm sure it could be done cheaper just recovering the OE parts but then it wouldn't be Porsche.....

As for the headrests, I'm replacing the whole unit. The fronts are actually a little larger than the stock rear headrests.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by mylai996
Anybody has the 09 order guide for the GTS? Besides the pcm 3.0, I know that Canadian GTS 09 model will include macademia metallic as a new color. Anybody knows that it will be available for US too? If it is, I plan to order a 6 spd man in that color. I am still debating whether to get the pcm 3.0 but I'll need to learn more when more information is available.
Oh-oh. If my wife sees that the macadamia is a color option we may be getting an 09 GTS..... I agree, that color would look great on a Cayenne!

Old 06-08-2008, 10:18 PM
mlc.design is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by chuck z
Oh-oh. If my wife sees that the macadamia is a color option we may be getting an 09 GTS..... I agree, that color would look great on a Cayenne!

Chuck will you be selling the GTS if you get a 09

I maybe interested

Old 06-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by mlc.design
Chuck will you be selling the GTS if you get a 09

I maybe interested
I haven't told her yet...... Everything's for sale, PM an offer.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:07 PM
skier is on a distinguished road
<first post>

Got almost $4K off my new GTS. Black w/black. Minimal options.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Susoa is on a distinguished road
No discount here in NoVa ! Well I should say what ever they took off the GTS they subtracted it from the trade in. So basically, I got about $1k off. That was in April. Maybe now with the gas $ issue they are give discounts but it also depends on the area. Im in the D.C. metro area = $$$$$$$$$$$.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
skier is on a distinguished road
^^^^^^^

I got mine in the SF Bay Area. Got the car at the end of May. Did a complete inventory searches for Northern California and came up with around 6 GTS's in my configuration (scattered around a couple dealers), and around 24 total in black. I played the "I can go here, there, over there, routine," and pushed for installation of black roof rails and all-weather mats.

The next step was negotiating the trade in of my 05' X5 4.4i.....did sort of the same thing. Printed up a sheet of all for sale on craigslist, and the edmunds and KBB highs to lows for value.

Besides my inner debate on what winter tires and size of rims to purchase....now I'm just trying to figure out how to get Sirius back into this car. I can live without Ipod, bluetooth, however, I just wish I could swap out the XM tuner with an old Sirius one, so I don't have to do the NAV-TV etc route? Will that work? Much appreciated to anyone that can help....

Old 06-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Pasman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Susoa
No discount here in NoVa ! Well I should say what ever they took off the GTS they subtracted it from the trade in. So basically, I got about $1k off. That was in April. Maybe now with the gas $ issue they are give discounts but it also depends on the area. Im in the D.C. metro area = $$$$$$$$$$$.
I'm in Maryland and got about $2500 off my GTS.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:07 AM
mlc.design is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by chuck z
I haven't told her yet...... Everything's for sale, PM an offer.

Ill give you my Cayenne for your GTS

Old 06-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by mlc.design
Ill give you my Cayenne for your GTS

Old 06-12-2008, 09:52 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
So I guess the people who say they can get close to cost really can't? Prices seem to be holding well. $2500 off is not a lot but better than nothing

Chuck - was it that much of a difference for you in the SUV to take a beating on the Range to go over the Cayenne? Maybe you didn't take a beating but it was a fast switch nonetheless. I have always liked the looks of the RR Sport and IMO is one of the best looking SUV's on the market - that said I wouldn't buy one for the service/reliability. It is also a PIG on wheels but then again the Cayenne has been called a PIG many times Maybe a Potbelly one but a PIG nonetheless

I am inching more and more into an 09 Sand White/Natural Gray. The only thing I don't like is why they can't get roof rails to work with the PANO.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Chuck - was it that much of a difference for you in the SUV to take a beating on the Range to go over the Cayenne? Maybe you didn't take a beating but it was a fast switch nonetheless. I have always liked the looks of the RR Sport and IMO is one of the best looking SUV's on the market - that said I wouldn't buy one for the service/reliability. It is also a PIG on wheels but then again the Cayenne has been called a PIG many times Maybe a Potbelly one but a PIG nonetheless
I am tall (5'-17" tall) and the RR was a very tight fit. Build quality is excellent (except for those ridiculous cup holders!) and aside from a TPMS sensor we never had any issues with it. The boxy styling just didn't stir my soul. I think the CGTS is the best looking SUV on the market right now. I didn't get pounded too bad on the price but what cost me $ were the two idiots that hit the BIN on my eBay auctions and then didn't follow through...... That cost me 2 months in selling time and a lot happened to the economy in those 2 months! I made up for it though on the purchase of the CGTS.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:30 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
buy mine, it has 560 miles. I am getting a 09

PM me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS prices?