Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Can the stock GTS exhaust be modified to stay in sport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:04 PM
LAbull is on a distinguished road
Happy Bday buddy. Well, its over for you but I have 3 hours left here here in Vancouver and about to head out.

Dirty Grey goose up in your honor tonight.

Beauty of a car. I was just at the AMG tour in BH and saw one there.
Love it.

Maybe I'l grab a black one. ;P

/threadjack over.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey Chuck.
Go under the rear of the car and unplug the vacuum hoses from the valves on the exhaust....be sure to stick something like a small bolt in the vacuum hose to plug up the line. Now you wont have to wait for the valves to open....they will be open all the time.
Very easy to do!!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:32 AM
BoostedDub is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I am guessing that your exhaust is setup the same way my R32 is. There is a valve that opens up at a certain RPM that allows the exhaust gasses to take a shorter path through the muffler. If you unplug the vacuum line going to the valve it will stay open all the time. Just make sure you plug the vacuum line with something(I used a screw).

Here is a drawing of how our muffler is setup, you can see the valve that opens up.

Also for you guys that want to control it, there is a kit that you can buy(at least for the R32) that allows you to control when it is open and closed.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:38 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
thanks guys. i'm guessing the button doesn't have to be engaged and engine running when the line is disconnected? thought i heard somewhere that the valve had to be engaged (in sport mode) to keep the valve in the sport position once it's disconnected? true or false?

Old 07-30-2008, 10:57 AM
BoostedDub is on a distinguished road
I unplugged mine with the car off.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:01 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed
Hey Chuck.
Go under the rear of the car and unplug the vacuum hoses from the valves on the exhaust....be sure to stick something like a small bolt in the vacuum hose to plug up the line. Now you wont have to wait for the valves to open....they will be open all the time.
Very easy to do!!
Does the sport advance timing or throttle response? otherwise opening he valves will make it louder but not really "sport":confused :

Old 07-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
if you have ever seen the Red Green show - comedy on CBC and PBS - you would know that duct tape could somehow answer your request.

on a serious note i think someone at Downtown Porsche Toronto told me they could do something to keep it on the sport sound 24/7.

i'll bug them again - they are trying to sell me a Boxster S which is guess what, White on Black!!!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:17 PM
mlc.design is on a distinguished road
Chuck did you sell the Rover and pick up the CLK? what a sweett looking car my friend.

Good luck with it.

Now you need to make yourself a twin so you can race the GTS against the CLK

Last edited by mlc.design; 07-30-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:04 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
If you unplug the vacuum hoses this is just going to keep the valves open so you get the aggressive sound. You would have to go to the dealer to see if they could program it with the factory porsche tool to stay in sport mode all the time.

Originally Posted by drjoe
Does the sport advance timing or throttle response? otherwise opening he valves will make it louder but not really "sport":confused :

Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mlc.design
Chuck did you sell the Rover and pick up the CLK? what a sweett looking car my friend.

Good luck with it.

Now you need to make yourself a twin so you can race the GTS against the CLK

Sold the RR (finally!!!) but had both for a while (plus my "run of the mill" company SUV), actually had all three for a while. The CLK63BS is an awesome car, most powerful best handling vehicle I've ever driven. It's an absolute beast. As for a race, I'm sure my wife would be game but whomever is driving the CLK63BS would stomp the other. Wouldn't be much of a race but would probably sound pretty good....

Old 07-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Pasman is on a distinguished road
Any body know what's up with the flat spot between 3500 and 4000 rpm's?
She roars then goes quiet then really roars...

Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Pasman
Any body know what's up with the flat spot between 3500 and 4000 rpm's?
She roars then goes quiet then really roars...

X2 mine is from 3000-3500

Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 AM
x3 between 3500-4000 rpms but doesn't do it every time? Was hoping disconnecting the vacuum line would take care of that issue?

Old 07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Disconnected both vacuum lines (there is one on each side of the rear muffler), put screws in each and then took it for an extended test ride. Not one time did it "go quiet" at any point through the rev range. Perhaps the bypass pipes somehow mess with the vacuum flappy whatever? ...or perhaps its messing with me and after I say this it will go quiet every time?

Old 07-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Pasman is on a distinguished road
I actually found that it did it even before I put the bypass pipes on???
I'll have to try disconnecting the vacuum hoses...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can the stock GTS exhaust be modified to stay in sport?