Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Can the stock GTS exhaust be modified to stay in sport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:02 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Can the stock GTS exhaust be modified to stay in sport?

I know on the 996 the exhaust it could be modified so that it would always operate in the "sport" mode without having to hit the "sport" button. Does anyone know if a similar modification can be done to the GTS? I always drive in the "sport" mode and it would be nice to have it permanently set to "sport".....

Old 07-28-2008, 12:06 PM
LAbull is on a distinguished road
turn "lazy" off. :P

Old 07-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
ouch i wouldn't take that chuck esp from someone still waiting on his GTS

Old 07-28-2008, 12:22 PM
It was a simple observation from a non owner.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

totally a joke Brendan ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
humor was lost in translation I suppose, but again, totally messing with you....

one aserious note, maybe you can push it down, and then jam a toothpick to hold it down. maybe this will auto select it for you at startup no clue.
I wouldn't try it thought, becuase my luck I would end up stabbing myself with it each time I went to shift.

Last edited by Jace; 07-28-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:53 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LAbull
turn "lazy" off. :P
I'd rather pay somebody to turn it on and leave it on permanently. I sometimes forget til I notice I'm not hearing that beautiful V8 quite as much....... of course YOU wouldn't understand that...... yet! October seems SOOOOOOO far away at this point....

Old 07-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
totally a joke Brendan ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
humor was lost in translation I suppose, but again, totally messing with you....

one aserious note, maybe you can push it down, and then jam a toothpick to hold it down. maybe this will auto select it for you at startup no clue.
I wouldn't try it thought, becuase my luck I would end up stabbing myself with it each time I went to shift.

I know, I know....now my sarcasm was lost in translation. Oy.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by chuck z
I'd rather pay somebody to turn it on and leave it on permanently. I sometimes forget til I notice I'm not hearing that beautiful V8 quite as much....... of course YOU wouldn't understand that...... yet! October seems SOOOOOOO far away at this point....
Yes it does....and you win for now.

But next time...........

Old 07-28-2008, 02:51 PM
I know, I know....now my sarcasm was lost in translation. Oy.
Oh I got it alright.... Figured I'd just see if there is an answer to save you the time afffffffttttttteeeerrrrr you get yours.....

Old 07-28-2008, 03:01 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
someone needs to find a way to keep non-sport quiet (when the kids are riding) and make the sport louder (more aggressive)...

Old 07-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by drjoe
someone needs to find a way to keep non-sport quiet (when the kids are riding) and make the sport louder (more aggressive)...
I don't have that problem (no kids and wife likes it louder too). Do you have a bypass? It's really quiet when the sport button is not engaged. About perfect with bypass pipes and the sport button selected, IMO of course.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:59 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
I don't have that problem (no kids and wife likes it louder too). Do you have a bypass? It's really quiet when the sport button is not engaged. About perfect with bypass pipes and the sport button selected, IMO of course.
yes, I installed them the first day I bought the GTS. I know that there are vacuum valves that open part of the exhaust when sport button is pressed. I wish it was MORE aggressive. Maybe my expectations are higher because I have a 600hp GT2 with straight pipes that is ear piercing (which sometimes I wish I had a button to quiet it)

Old 07-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by drjoe
Maybe my expectations are higher because I have a 600hp GT2 with straight pipes that is ear piercing (which sometimes I wish I had a button to quiet it)
I'd say your expectations are a bit different than most. I'll bet that GT2 sounds awesome though.... Trust me, the GTS is loud enough.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:03 PM
I'd say your expectations are a bit different than most. I'll bet that GT2 sounds awesome though.... Trust me, the GTS is loud enough.
You should talk to Fabspeed about adding it to the flash. I'm sure it's a computer override at the very least.
Get it all straightened out for me so when I get my car in october all the bugs are taken out.

ThXkbye.

btw...lets see pix of the black series!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:23 PM
btw...lets see pix of the black series!
just a couple..... highjacking my own thread? for sure the most powerful car I've ever driven. What a blast this thing is, took it to dinner tonight (my B-day) and I just love this car more every time I drive it! Sounds better than the GTS too, and it's all stock!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can the stock GTS exhaust be modified to stay in sport?