Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Water under passenger seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 11:42 AM
mlc.design is on a distinguished road
Angry Water under passenger seat

Hello guys and gals

So it has been very rainy here in the Northeast the past few days i decided to vacuum my pepper, as i am doing this i feel a dampness under the passenger front seat...i investigate and to my disbelief the entire padding and rug are soaked! there is a puddle under the foam before the amp location...I recently had the cayenne in the dealership i wonder if they did something or possibly left it outside with the window down? I will bring in it in in the AM...

anyone else have this problem?

HELP !

Old 09-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mlc.design
Hello guys and gals

So it has been very rainy here in the Northeast the past few days i decided to vacuum my pepper, as i am doing this i feel a dampness under the passenger front seat...i investigate and to my disbelief the entire padding and rug are soaked! there is a puddle under the foam before the amp location...I recently had the cayenne in the dealership i wonder if they did something or possibly left it outside with the window down? I will bring in it in in the AM...

anyone else have this problem?

HELP !

Sometimes there are rubber gaskets that are the only barrier from the road and the interior. You may have shook one loose driving and now water is getting in from the undercarriage when you drive. Just a thought.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:03 PM
lovethesport is on a distinguished road
is this a common problem

Old 09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
dealer will clean rug and repair?

Old 09-28-2008, 08:52 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
do you have the rubber mats? if so, it may be caused by wet passenger foot. Same happened to me, turned out to be wet boots that my girlfriend used to wear and she had to get in and out of the car couple of times causing a lot of water on the mat and then when you floor the throttle, all the water on the mat goes back and soaks the rug. Could be..

Old 09-28-2008, 09:20 PM
no definitely not .... no one sits in the rear seats there brand new

Old 09-28-2008, 10:00 PM
i didn't say rear seats. Right front passenger seat is what I am talking about. You should definitely consider this possibility, if any of the conditions meet with what i wrote..

Old 09-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Porsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to behold
Most likely the drain for the evaporator is plugged, it passes through the firewall/bulkhead above where your feet would be. Its made of rubber , you can pull it loose to clean it out, just be careful if the HVAC box is full water its going to make an even bigger mess lol. The water is moisture from the air that has condensed in the evaporator housing , it would normaly exit the interior through the drain and drip onto the ground.

Kyle

Last edited by Porsche917; 09-29-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche917
Most likely the drain for the evaporator is plugged, it passes through the firewall/bulkhead above where your feet would be. Its made of rubber , you can pull it loose to clean it out, just be careful if the HVAC box is full water its going to make an even bigger mess lol. The water is moisture from the air that has condensed in the evaporator housing , it would normaly exit the interior through the drain and drip onto the ground.

Kyle
makes more sense than my suggestion )

Old 07-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Romulo Mattos is on a distinguished road
Hi guys,
First of all please try to fix it when the car is cold.
After the Porsche dealer attempt 3 times fix and did not, I went to a friends garage and he found the problem.
There is a little "flap" where the water goes out from the evaporator. To find it, turn the A/C on go outside the car and look bellow to see the water dropping. Open the hood, it will be on your left (right side of the car) 40 inches bellow the top of the hood, looks like a "thumb" with a cap, literary it is a flap. It should be clean, not clogged. If i's clogged do something to clean it.
Here is the catch... There is a kind of "gasket" that goes around it and there is where the water get inside your Cayenne.
WITH THE CAR COLD, I said COLD, please do not even try to reach it with your hands without the fire berried glove if the car is HOT.
In my case my friend used a kind of material that turns to be rubber. It's a 3M product that you can find at any auto parts. It's look like a tube of tooth paste and its used as gasket.
He surrounded the little flap with that and put some more on the top of the original one. There is a week already it NO MORE water in the passenger's seat.
I hope it can fix yours too.

Romy