Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Anyone use the V-FLOW INTAKE from SHARKWERKS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 08:10 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I personally think its a joke that EVO charges $695 for a set of K&N filters, the same kit for any other car would be half that price. As for any extra power, after reading all the stuff with forced air and NA engines vs. forced air with Turbo's or SC engines, i think the truth is you only experience a significant amount of hp increase with the TT's and SC's. Anyway, the cool thing is its your money and you spend it how you like.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dinorocz
I personally think its a joke that EVO charges $695 for a set of K&N filters, the same kit for any other car would be half that price. As for any extra power, after reading all the stuff with forced air and NA engines vs. forced air with Turbo's or SC engines, i think the truth is you only experience a significant amount of hp increase with the TT's and SC's. Anyway, the cool thing is its your money and you spend it how you like.
I can agree that the price is not "cheap" but until someone else creates a similar version what can you do? I mean it's the same thing with exhaust systems on the 911 you pay around 1K... Serious, I think it's a bit over priced but what can you do? Look at my GT3 seats, what they retailed for $3,500 the pair.... Insane? maybe but hey it's a Porsche.

I guess that you're right, everyone chooses how to spend his/her money on the things they like... 35K on extras on the 911 so far and I plan on pushing the extras on the Cayenne as well...

-Eli

Old 11-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Jacaba is infamous around these parts
Yes. I had the EVOMS CAI installed plus an IDP plenum. I feel the difference and like the sound very much. Of course, there's the objective and subjective point(s) of view. Do what you like to do and modify as to what fits your taste. Money shouldn't be a question either. That's why we own Porsches . . . a very expensive hobby without without boundaries. Sharkwerks did the install for me. I trust them and know of their integrity. Alex Ross (Sharky) does some incredible projects with Porsche and is incredibly knowledgeable and trustworthy. There are a lot of competitors out there making claims. Call Sharkwerks and speak to them personally. I think you will be quite satisfied.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:19 PM
medtech is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dinorocz
I agree.

I guess I should qualify that my opinion on BMCs is for NA cars only. I don't think a NA car can really take advantage of a CAI. Obviously TT and SCs can. Purely a practical approach.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by medtech
I agree.

I guess I should qualify that my opinion on BMCs is for NA cars only. I don't think a NA car can really take advantage of a CAI. Obviously TT and SCs can. Purely a practical approach.
I think you mean clarify, but yes, I would agree that the Turbos can gain some serious power from the ins, outs and boost so any are you can increase in those areas will only help produce way more gains when compared to N/A applications.

-Eli