Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne with 20" but not lowered?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:19 AM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
Cayenne with 20" but not lowered?

Does anyone have pics of Cayenne on 20" rims without lowering?

How much higher will it be (compared to stock 18's) if I install these 20's without lowering?

My 08 Cayenne S does not have air suspension so I am also wondering what lowering options are out there? What do you recommend?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by cellg8; 12-04-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
do you have air suspension?
If you do I would only go with the module, and not springs.
If I was to lower mine, I would go with the Techart Probably.

As for a stock picture, I can post you mine.
They are 21's though, and it is not lowered.
Have fun.

Attached Images  
Old 12-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi Jace,

Thank you! Your car looks great!

No, i do not have air suspension...

Do you have a side shot of the car? I want to see how much gap there is...thanks!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cellg8
Hi Jace,

Thank you! Your car looks great!

No, i do not have air suspension...

Do you have a side shot of the car? I want to see how much gap there is...thanks!

Well unless you have a GTS the gap will be different.
The GTS is lowered a bit from all the other models, plus with that said this car also has air suspension, so I can lower it automatically.

YOu need to get somone with the same model w/o air to take a pic. That would be comparing apples to apples.

Good luck

Old 12-04-2008, 12:47 PM
i see..thank you!

Old 12-04-2008, 01:12 PM
DEFILER is on a distinguished road
CellG8:
I have not done this yet, however, the gap will <appear> to be bigger due to the lower profile tire even though the wheel in itself is bigger. I know you want bigger wheels, but the best thing to do first is spring the $3500 for the KW V3 coilovers which can drop your car 2.5" (adjustable) and also improve the ride considerably. That will improve the appearance considerably even with your stock wheels. It's a lot of money but it's really the only option out there. Springs will only lower 1 to 1.5 inches and in my opinion is not enough to make a difference.

Chris

Old 12-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cellg8
Does anyone have pics of Cayenne on 20" rims without lowering?

How much higher will it be (compared to stock 18's) if I install these 20's without lowering?

My 08 Cayenne S does not have air suspension so I am also wondering what lowering options are out there? What do you recommend?

Thank you in advance.
Here are a front and rear shot of a Cayenne without being lowered. This is a 20" RH AU Wheels with 275x40x20 Michelin Diamaris tires.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:49 PM
thank you for all your help, DE & GMP! Wow..that's a HUGE GAP!

I agree...gotta lower it first!

With KW V3 or any other system, will it cause any negative camber or any other issue?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:48 PM
mungh is on a distinguished road
I also feel like going to KW coilover for my 08 CS.
But I was told install would cost 700.
Then total will be well over 4K, quite high for me.
So I can't decide easily.

JM

Old 12-04-2008, 09:18 PM
huskyfan23 will become famous soon enough
My CTT has stock Porsche 20s and there's a few inch gap even when in lowered mode.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Thank you all for all your help.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 PM
realmr2001 will become famous soon enoughrealmr2001 will become famous soon enough
So is your car lowered?
I have KW V3 installed on my car and it rides great...

Old 04-21-2009, 09:30 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
I've a friend that just bought a Cayenne and is interested in equiping BGF All-Terrain tires and actually using his Cayenne as 4wd SUV/truck. Is there anyone on this board who has outfitted their Cayenne for rugged duty as apposed to sports car duty, and if so...pics. and info. would be appreciated.

J

Old 04-22-2009, 10:42 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Check page 2 of my post here. I just went from 18's to 20 and am very happy. No air suspension either.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ervations.html