Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Theres got to be something, you can do to increase fuel effieciency, please advise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 PM
joeygambino is infamous around these partsjoeygambino is infamous around these partsjoeygambino is infamous around these partsjoeygambino is infamous around these parts
Theres got to be something, you can do to increase fuel effieciency, please advise

Guys,

I really like this car and I could definetly afford to buy one late model 06-07 no problem, but the thought of low teen MPGs on here, make me cringe like the feeling of a ice on a open root canal..

I mean, I like how this car handles and the way it looks so I am a big fan. However, I just can't justify spending 3x the fuel costs of a Audi or MB when Prius drivers drive around with wads of green left over from filling the tank. I mean my previous car a Mercedes-Benz E500, ML500 were known to drink, but not as bad as this.

Theres got to be something, something you can do make this car more fuel efficient. Any one of you dear cayenne experts can fill me in on some of your ideas?

I am reallly open to any ideas, I was thinking of removing the rear seats altogether, and going with ligther smaller wheels..adding a fuel efficiency chip....might save a few hundred pounds like 500 , which might be all the difference I was looking for.

Any suggestions, opinions,, etc?

Last edited by joeygambino; 12-14-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:47 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
prius

Old 12-14-2008, 01:02 PM
huskyfan23 will become famous soon enough
I get ~18.5mpg driving on the highway with cruise control on...

You're buying a heavy SUV. Why do you expect good mileage? I get 14mpg city in my CTT and I'm not complaining.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
theres more to affording a car then just the price on the windshield. operating costs are all part of the cars cost.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
gas price is so inexpensive now, I'm surprise you're still complaining about it.

you can always drive very slow and at the highest gear possible.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Is this post a joke?

Old 12-14-2008, 09:08 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
come on... 87 octane fuel is around 1.59 now, what are you complaining from..

Old 12-14-2008, 09:24 PM
mungh is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Wow, you have high MPG

Originally Posted by huskyfan23
I get ~18.5mpg driving on the highway with cruise control on...

You're buying a heavy SUV. Why do you expect good mileage? I get 14mpg city in my CTT and I'm not complaining.
My 08CS gets 11-12.5 MPG city at most. What's your tire setting?
For me, 2 inch up really sapped MPG.

JM

Old 12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
What do you mean by tire setting?

Old 12-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Just when i think my CTT gets poor mileage i take the Murci out for a cruise..It helps keeps things in perspective

Old 12-14-2008, 09:47 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jeff SD
Just when i think my CTT gets poor mileage i take the Murci out for a cruise..It helps keeps things in perspective
haha what a life DD

Old 12-14-2008, 10:04 PM
.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about
This is a heavy suv that attempts to be sporty.
Mileage should have played zero importance in your decision to get or not get this vehicle. If it had, you wouldn't have even considered the Cayenne.

If the mileage concerns you enough to write this, you need to get a different vehicle. Any car on the road will do better as far efficiency than a sporty suv ever will be able to.

If mileage is only a minor concern, you can always drive as efficiently as possible. Don't cruise past 65mph. (makes a big difference on suv's) Stay out of stop & go traffic. Very easy on the acceleration. Plan your routes, ect.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:20 PM
mungh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by huskyfan23
What do you mean by tire setting?
I mean wheel size.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm running stock 20s.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Just In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lig
prius

screw that!!!! my jettaq tdi gets 55-60.8

oh it needs a new home...

seriously thou change driving pattern.. that has alot to do with it...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Theres got to be something, you can do to increase fuel effieciency, please advise