Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Buying Advice for 2005 Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:24 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Buying Advice for 2005 Cayenne Turbo

Hey Guys,
It has been a really long time since I have been active on 6speed. When I was last active, I was primarily in the 996 Turbo forum since that is my car. Well, I am looking to purchase a 2005 Cayenne Turbo to add to my small collection and wanted to hear any advice from the owners here. It is from an independent used car dealer, so I was going to have a nearby Porsche dealership take a look as well as a body shop.
I would very much apreciate any advice as to any specific areas of concern that should be reviewed/scrutinized. For that matter, any purchase advice at all (constructive) is welcomed!
Best,
Ken

Old 12-29-2008, 09:13 PM
huskyfan23 will become famous soon enough
I'm also a new owner but have seen some posts regarding the coolant pipes needing to be replaced at ~60k miles, so definitely have those checked out. Get repair recommendations from the mechanic to help you negotiate the price. Despite being heavy, high powered SUVs, these are very solid and reliable vehicles.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:33 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
huskyfan,
Thanks. Good to know.
I am looking forward to the view into the garage with two black Porsche turbos!!

Old 12-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Ken,

Haven't heard from you for a while, do you still have the MINI Cooper S?

I had a Cayenne S from 2003 to 2007, then upgraded to current Cayenne Turbo. Never had any major problems, just minor things like rain sensor wiper not working, radio, loose body trims, broken handbrake release handle...

A very good daily truck to drive, you will love it.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:32 PM
KPV
Tim,
Good to see a familiar face! Ya know, I looked at my post count and have to say that at one point, I had quite a 6speedonline disease!! LOL
Good to hear a good review of the Cayenne. I liked the new facelift of the 2008+, however, the cost was prohibitively high. I searched for a while and finally found this one. It has low miles and I am hoping it serves me well. I would love to hear more feedback from others with a 2005 CTT. Please feel free to chime in.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:45 PM
KPV
Tim,
Oh, I forgot....I sold the Mini. It was tough to see it go, but it went to a very good home and I end up seeing it around town now and then.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:58 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hey ken good to see you on here and the 05s (or 955) are a great bargain right now. I mean the prices have really come down to where you're getting a great motor with torque for the money. It's a lot of fun for sure stock (or modded). I will say that the newer 957's shift less "lazy" and seem to have less lag. They look (arguably) a little better too but certainly not worth the extra money....

Old 12-30-2008, 10:38 PM
cayenne-kimo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KPV
Hey Guys,
It has been a really long time since I have been active on 6speed. When I was last active, I was primarily in the 996 Turbo forum since that is my car. Well, I am looking to purchase a 2005 Cayenne Turbo to add to my small collection and wanted to hear any advice from the owners here. It is from an independent used car dealer, so I was going to have a nearby Porsche dealership take a look as well as a body shop.
I would very much apreciate any advice as to any specific areas of concern that should be reviewed/scrutinized. For that matter, any purchase advice at all (constructive) is welcomed!
Best,
Ken
Hi Ken,

I have an '05 Cayenne Turbo all blacked out that may match your Carrera. Let me know if you want me to send some photos.

-Kimo

Old 01-01-2009, 09:59 PM
02m311 is on a distinguished road
price on th ebalcked out cayenne turbo....please

Old 01-02-2009, 08:33 AM
cayenne-kimo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 02m311
price on th ebalcked out cayenne turbo....please
I sent you a PM. You can also send me an email if you want more info:

prowler_pwr at yahoo.com

Here are some photos: