Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Physical differences between Turbo and Turbo S?

Old 02-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Vekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really nice
I currently have a 08 Turbo and wanted to sell it for a 09 Turbo S. The transaction did not happen (the guy backed off at the last minute due to his finances). I found another buyer (overseas) who is willing to pay more than what I paid for when I got the Turbo.

As soon as the sale is done, I am getting the Turbo S. Not because of its extra HPs and torque but bc of the interior. It's very unique. Turbo S designations, amazing looking 2 tone leather sport seats and fabulous thicker 2 tone leather steering wheel.

I really like the black/havana 2 tone but now that I saw the white/black tones, it's gonna be hard one.

In my case, I am going for the Turbo S simply bc of aesthetic reasons. I don't believe the Turbo S to be that much better than a Turbo, just a little (low and high speed accelerations).

The most noticeable difference is the seats (in my opinion): looks 10 times better, holds 2 times better.

Hope this helps.
If the aesthetics are not important to you then I believe a Turbo is more than enough.

Moreover a brand new 09 Turbo vs a 09 Turbo S would differ in about $10K (assuming it has the most in demand options only: black ext. pck, pano, bluetooth, univ. audio)

Old 12-02-2009, 11:10 AM
motobando is on a distinguished road
I believe the Turbo S has larger intercoolers as well...

Old 12-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fantasma
yes, tuning turbo cars for more power is very easy
Very easy, you just keep dialing up the boost until the motor grenades and then back off a bit.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:45 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
MUCH BIGGER BRAKES on the TurboS and will not accomodate 18" wheels.

Larger intercoolers as mentioned.

Much more exclusive and higher cost of ownership. A brake job costs TWICE as much on the TurboS.

I need to run 18's for off-road and towing, but at more than 108,000 miles it is clearly time for modding to about 100 more ft/lbs of torque and almost as much an increase in HP. My main goal is an increase of MPG between 2-3 more MPG. Since this is a long term keeper, I figure it will pay for itself before 500,000 miles and with smiles to boot!

Old 08-01-2018, 03:25 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
I bought an 06 turbo s from this site 3 months ago and it has the Evoms 600 package after 3 weeks of ownership a friend borrowed it he liked it so much that he decided to buy it, lol that thing is a land missile and oh the sound it makes when u lift off the throttle is so cool. if $$$ is no object I'll go for the turbo s otherwise the regular turbo with the Evoms is the way to go. There's an 09 turbo for sale here with low miles for $33k in excellent shape I thought that is a great buy! OP is from CT

Old 08-01-2018, 05:47 PM
957TT is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by arjayr33
I bought an 06 turbo s from this site 3 months ago and it has the Evoms 600 package after 3 weeks of ownership a friend borrowed it he liked it so much that he decided to buy it, lol that thing is a land missile and oh the sound it makes when u lift off the throttle is so cool. if $$$ is no object I'll go for the turbo s otherwise the regular turbo with the Evoms is the way to go. There's an 09 turbo for sale here with low miles for $33k in excellent shape I thought that is a great buy! OP is from CT
Sounds like you're in the market for a 957 Turbo haha.

Thanks for the kind words

Old 12-18-2018, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor
Sprint Booster Sales is an unknown quantity at this point
There's alternatives to add more 'feel' and a better acceleration response.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:52 PM
cubbyno9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by sparkhill
And from the order guide...

Cayenne Turbo
Model Year 2009 Standard Equipment includes:
Engine
500 hp, 516 lb ft torque – 4.8 liter, water cooled 8 cylinder, aluminum alloy engine block & cylinder heads, front engine.
32 valve, direct injection system. 2 exhaust turbochargers. Engine Management System SDI 4.1 with electronic throttle. Continuously
variable intake camshaft phasing and valve lift switching (Variocam Plus). Cylinder specific knock control. Integrated dry sump lubrication.
Additional piston and water cooling for the turbochargers. Exhaust system with 2 matte silver finish dual tailpipes integrated in lower rear tail
section.
Power Transmission
6-speed Tiptronic S with Porsche Hill Holder and shift on the move. All wheel drive.
Chassis and Suspension
19” alloy Cayenne Design wheels, 275/45 R19. Summer performance tires. TPMS – Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Puncture sealing
compound and electric compressor. 19” Collapsible spare tire. Speed sensitive variable assist power steering. Air suspension with load
leveling system and height adjustment. Front and rear stabilizer bars. PSM (Porsche Stability Management) with ABS (Anti lock Braking
System), ASR (Anti Slip Regulation), ABD (Automatic Brake Differential), EDTC (Engine Drag Torque Control) and PASM (Porsche Active
Suspension Management). Double wishbone front axle, multilink rear axle.
Braking System
6-Piston fixed aluminum monoblock red calipers– front, 4-Piston fixed aluminum monoblock red calipers – rear. Anti Lock Braking System
with braking readiness function and Brake Assist. Brake pad wear indicators, foot operated parking brake.
Body
5 Doors. Underbody paneling. Black, high gloss tailgate trim. Rear window of tailgate may be opened separately and via remote control.
Exterior trim covers in brushed aluminum. Brushed aluminum roof rails. Exhaust system with 2 matte silver finished tailpipes integrated in
lower tail section. Nose section with enlarged air inlets and black louvered grill. Tail section with diffuser appearance and integrated dual
tailpipes. Preparation for trailer hitch. Dark tinted glass on rear window and rear side windows. 26.4 gallon fuel tank. Standard metallic
paint.Lighting System
Bi-Xenon headlights with automatic leveling control and dynamically controlled static cornering light function. Headlight washer system.
Front and rear fog lamps. Center high-mounted rear brake light integrated into the spoiler. Uniform lighting concept in white for entire
interior, continuously variable. Foot well lighting.
Electrical Equipment
PCM 3.0 with 6.5” color monitor, touchscreen controls, trip computer, integrated MP3-able CD Radio and DVD Navigation system. Bose
surround sound system with 14 loudspeakers, active subwoofer, and 410 Watts total power. On board computer with digital continuous
indication of total mileage, trip mileage, time, outside temp, speed, and various warning indicators. Instrument cluster with 5” TFT color
monitor, 5 dial type gauges with silver trim rings indicating RPM’s, speed, oil temperature, coolant temperature, fuel level, and boost
pressure. Power windows. Two speed wiper system with rain sensor, wiper delay control, heated washer nozzles. Electrically operated and
heated side mirrors. Remote central locking. Anti-theft system including passenger compartment monitoring. Cruise control. Five 12 volt
socket outlets. Multi stage front and rear seat heaters and heated steering wheel. Front and rear park assist with audio and visual displays.
Power tailgate with fully automatic opening and closing of tailgate with programmable, customized opening height.
Passive Safety Equipment
Bumper system incorporating two high-strength cross-members and two crush elements. 3 point seat belts with pre-tensioners (front and
rear outer seats) and force limiters (front seats). Full size driver and passenger airbags. Thorax side airbags integrated in seat backrests.
Roof frame with integrated curtain airbags on left and right. Preparation for child seat anchorage (ISOFIX) on passenger side and rear seats.
Interior Equipment
Electrically operated, 12 way seats in front, with electric fore/aft, height, seat back, and 4-way lumbar support adjustment. Electric seat belt
height and steering column adjustment. Extended driver memory package which includes programming and automatic recall of seat, sideview
mirror, and steering column position, and seat belt height. Folding rear seats. Leather trimmed 3 spoke steering wheel with electric
reach and height adjustment, colored Porsche crest, and radio controls. Smooth leather upholstery with additional stitching on door trim
panel and dashboard. Leather trimmed dashboard, center console and door trim panels. Seats, gear selector, door handles, and door
armrests trimmed with grained leather. Center console armrest trimmed in smooth leather. Aluminum interior trim. Alcantara headliner.
Automatic climate control with integrated carbon filter and driver and passenger sides controlled separately. Metal look A/C control panel
cover. Rocker panel trim covers and pedal covers made of stainless steel. Two cup holders in both front and rear. Center ashtray in front,
ashtrays in rear doors. Illuminated vanity mirror, driver and passenger. Refrigerated glove compartment. Extendable cargo area cover. 4
Chrome-plated tie-down eyelets in cargo area.

Cayenne Turbo S
Model Year 2009 Standard Equipment includes:
Engine
550 hp, 553 lb ft torque – 4.8 liter, water cooled 8 cylinder, aluminum alloy engine block & cylinder heads, front engine.
32 valve, direct injection system. 2 exhaust turbochargers. Engine Management System SDI 4.1 with electronic throttle. Continuously
variable intake camshaft phasing and valve lift switching (Variocam Plus). Cylinder specific knock control. Integrated dry sump lubrication.
Additional piston and water cooling for the turbochargers. Exhaust system with four-tube Sports tail-pipes.
Power Transmission
6-speed Tiptronic S with Porsche Hill Holder and shift on the move. All wheel drive.
Chassis and Suspension
21” alloy Cayenne Sportplus wheels, 295/35 R21. Summer performance tires. TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). Puncture sealing
compound and electric compressor. 19” Collapsible spare tire. Speed sensitive variable assist power steering. Air suspension with load
leveling system and height adjustment. Front and rear stabilizer bars. PDCC (Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control), PSM (Porsche Stability
Management) with ABS (Anti lock Braking System), ASR (Anti Slip Regulation), ABD (Automatic Brake Differential), EDTC (Engine Drag Torque
Control) and PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management). Double wishbone front axle, multilink rear axle.
Braking System
6-Piston fixed aluminum monoblock red calipers– front, 4-Piston fixed aluminum monoblock red calipers – rear. Anti Lock Braking System
with braking readiness function and Brake Assist. Brake pad wear indicators, foot operated parking brake.
Body
5 Doors. Underbody paneling. Black, high gloss tailgate trim. Rear window of tailgate may be opened separately and via remote control.
Exterior trim covers in brushed aluminum. Brushed aluminum roof rails. Nose section with enlarged air inlets and grill in exterior color.
Wheel arch extensions in exterior color. Tail section with diffuser appearance and integrated dual tailpipes. Preparation for trailer hitch. Dark
tinted glass on rear window and rear side windows. 26.4 gallon fuel tank. Standard metallic paint. Wheel hub covers with colored Porsche
crest.Lighting System
Bi-Xenon headlights with automatic leveling control and dynamically controlled static cornering light function. Headlight washer system.
Front and rear fog lamps. Center high-mounted rear brake light integrated into the spoiler. Uniform lighting concept in white for entire
interior, continuously variable. Foot well lighting.
Electrical Equipment
PCM 3.0 with 6.5” color monitor, touchscreen controls, trip computer, integrated MP3-able CD Radio and DVD Navigation system. Bose
surround sound system with 14 loudspeakers, active subwoofer, and 410 Watts total power. On board computer with digital continuous
indication of total mileage, trip mileage, time, outside temp, speed, and various warning indicators. Instrument cluster with 5” TFT color
monitor, 5 dial type gauges with silver trim rings indicating RPM’s, speed, oil temperature, coolant temperature, fuel level, and boost
pressure. Power windows. Two speed wiper system with rain sensor, wiper delay control, heated washer nozzles. Electrically operated and
heated side mirrors. Remote central locking. Anti-theft system including passenger compartment monitoring. Cruise control. Five 12 volt
socket outlets. Multi stage front and rear seat heaters and heated steering wheel. Front and rear park assist with audio and visual displays.
Power tailgate with fully automatic opening and closing of tailgate with programmable, customized opening height.
Passive Safety Equipment
Bumper system incorporating two high-strength cross-members and two crush elements. 3 point seat belts with pre-tensioners (front and
rear outer seats) and force limiters (front seats). Full size driver and passenger airbags. Thorax side airbags integrated in seat backrests.
Roof frame with integrated curtain airbags on left and right. Preparation for child seat anchorage (ISOFIX) on passenger side and rear seats.
Interior Equipment
Electrically operated sports seats with comfort memory package. Electric seat belt height and steering column adjustment. Extended driver
memory package which includes programming and automatic recall of seat, side-view mirror, and steering column position, and seat belt
height. Folding rear seats. Bicolor leather steering wheel with thicker, heated rim. Bicolor smooth leather upholstery with additional stitching
on door trim panel and dashboard. Leather trimmed dashboard, center console and door trim panels. Seats, gear selector, door handles,
and door armrests trimmed with grained leather. Dashboard, center console armrest, and door trim panels trimmed in smooth leather.
Carbon interior trim. Alcantara headliner. Porsche crest embossed on headrests. Automatic climate control with integrated carbon filter and
driver and passenger sides controlled separately. Metal look A/C control panel cover. Silver instrument dials with Cayenne Turbo S Logo.
Stainless Steel door entry guards with Cayenne Turbo S logo. Rocker panel trim covers and pedal covers made of stainless steel. Two cup
holders in both front and rear. Center ashtray in front, ashtrays in rear doors. Illuminated vanity mirror, driver and passenger. Refrigerated
glove compartment. Extendable cargo area cover. 4 Chrome-plated tie-down eyelets in cargo area.
Hi Sir, apologies for jumping on to this thread a tad late. I have recently bought a 2008 Cayenne turbo and from what I can see when comparing between your details of turbo and turbo s the only difference I can see, apart from engine performance, is "Silver instrument dials with Cayenne Turbo S Logo.Stainless Steel door entry guards with Cayenne Turbo S logo".
My car has everything else. I don't know why they just didn't get a turbo S!!!!!!
My question is, I am looking to get it remapped. Would I really notice the extra 50bhp after upgrade? I can live with the fuel consumption, just, at the moment, I am in the UK not the States, but will there be such a big change in consumption after upgrade? Lol I know I have bought the wrong car to be talking about this but the wife is 'onboard' with the car t the moment, thanks buddy.