Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My 05 Cayenne - LOTS of mods, pics & observations

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:05 PM
c m3 fly is on a distinguished road
One of the best I have seen, looks great.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:20 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Per my previous post - RIMS and TIRES where installed today. I am VERY glad that I went with the 45 series as it looks great and the ride is better if not the same as my 18".

Name:  DSCF0132.jpg
Views: 6001
Size:  174.9 KB

http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/p...view=slideshow

Old 04-02-2009, 09:55 AM
katheikia is on a distinguished road
Does the intake replace the BMC filters, did you have the BMC filters?

Old 04-02-2009, 11:25 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Did not have the BMC - had stock paper Porsche. Regardless of performance, the sound is so incredible that if your on the fence between this and BMC - it should be a no brainier (unless you like the typical whine from under the hood).

Old 04-03-2009, 02:12 PM
M5_Forever will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by al7zin_ad
video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plzzz
I agree!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind words! Now LOWER THAT BEAST

Old 04-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Lowering . . . . . . . hmmmmmmmm . . . . . . will add it to the project list

Old 04-19-2009, 01:52 AM
andy_meng1024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lower it and it'll be perfect!!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
ChkbookMechanic is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
+ Renntech Dead pedal: Why the hell is this thing not OEM from Porsche?? It looks just like the pedals and saves the carpet. A bit of a pain to install but you can shove the tab under the rocker panel without having to remove the panel itself. Purchased from Powertech in Rockaway NJ, installed by me.
What did it take to install the dead pedal? Was there any drilling of the car? I have the Rennline pedals in my 911 and the dead pedal required drilling into the car and I just don't want to do that to my Cayenne yet.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:49 AM
There are tabs for drilling if you want to but I did not. The back of the pedal has 2-3 strips of
3m double sided molding tape. I used the tape only and have had no issues (been about 5 months since install). To install i took the interior rocker molding trim off, the hood release (1 clip) and then pulled on the kick panel just enough to slide the big dead pedal tab underneath it. I cleaned the vinyl foot rest with the included alcohol pad which really allowed for good adhesion. Overall, the hardest part is pulling back the kick panel - the plastic is very tough and your fingers will be hurting for sure. It is worth the effort as beyond looks, it saves your carpet and really offers a tangible place to plant your foot in hard turns.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:18 AM
ChkbookMechanic is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
There are tabs for drilling if you want to but I did not. The back of the pedal has 2-3 strips of
3m double sided molding tape. I used the tape only and have had no issues (been about 5 months since install). To install i took the interior rocker molding trim off, the hood release (1 clip) and then pulled on the kick panel just enough to slide the big dead pedal tab underneath it. I cleaned the vinyl foot rest with the included alcohol pad which really allowed for good adhesion. Overall, the hardest part is pulling back the kick panel - the plastic is very tough and your fingers will be hurting for sure. It is worth the effort as beyond looks, it saves your carpet and really offers a tangible place to plant your foot in hard turns.
Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know. The install doesn't sound too bad at all. As for pulling back the paneling, I've got a nice set of interior panel removers which should keep my fingers from getting the worst of it.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:37 PM
bimbodoro is on a distinguished road
Hey Roxboxxx
I wrote out this extended PM to you only for the forum to tell me I am blocked since I am a noob and this is my first post. I had some follow up questions for you so wasn't sure if you PM'ed me I could then copy what I wrote to you
thanks for your time
I could give you my email back in a PM as well if that works
thanks much

Old 05-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Email me at roxboxxx@yahoo.com and then POST a message that you did as I only check that account when I know someone is emailing me there.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:08 PM
bimbodoro is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up just sent an email..

thanks for reading

Old 05-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Bim - Not sure whats up with yahoo - but it did not come through. If you had any attachements I would say resend with out them. If not, give me your email and I will try to send a sometime yahoo gets "stuck".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My 05 Cayenne - LOTS of mods, pics & observations