Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Adding Rear Seat Entertainment '09 CS ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:41 AM
smiddleton is on a distinguished road
Adding Rear Seat Entertainment '09 CS ??

Has anyone attempted to add the Equipment Rear Seat Entertainment in an '09 Cayenne S? Happy with it? Costs?

Does anyone sell them?

The vehicle would be a 2009 Cayenne S with PCM but no CD/DVD changer.

-Steven

Old 11-04-2009, 06:54 AM
doctorjj is on a distinguished road
I'll bump this thread up, because my wife was recently bugging me about getting this for the kid. I know Porsche has them in the Tequipment catalog, but I haven't seen a price. That's the ones she wants, since it will look better than some aftermarket piece. Anyone have info on those? Price, difficulty of install, can you operate it from the head unit up front, etc?

Mine would be on a '08 CTT with nav, sat, and CD changer.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
Hi Guys,

I just did mine myself in my '08CTT using the Rosin brand. I like it much better because of it's ability to view a different source on each screen. Rosin also builds in 25-video games into the screens. One kid can watch a DVD while the other plays a video game(life saver on long trips with 5 and 9 year old.) It comes with two wireless headphones, a game controller(you can add another), and a remote. The headphones and controllers have an A/B switch for switching in between screens. You can also assign the same movie to both screens. The other thing I like is the units are each "all in one" and load the DVD from the top. Each unit has built in FM tunable transmitters. You can set them to whichever frequency you want and then assign your car radio to the same frequency allowing you to hear the audio.

The install is quite easy with the exception of getting the seat backs off. Care should be taken not to break the bottom clips especially. The upper clips can be replaced (3 per side) no problem and will probably be required unless you let the dealer do it. The screens do connect to a single control unit which resides under the driver's seat. This controller also has more inputs for hooking up external games, video camera, etc. Both screen's cables run down the seat backs and plug into this box. The power cable for both units plug into this box also. There are only two connections required, hot and ground. This cable is easily routed underneath the seat and down the driver's door sill panel(remove). The fuse box is on the left of the dash. There is an extra slot in the fuse box that is an "accessory slot" you can use to connect to. The ground just connects to a chassis screw located near the fuse box. Don't hook it up directly to a hot source or it will run your battery down.

These particular units have their own headrest that come with the units. They attach to the back of the existing head rests. Due to the new active head restraints mandated by the feds in the newer models, this is the only way you can do rear seat entertainment. In other words you can't use the existing head rest. Rosin has all the Cayenne leather colors in stock and they ship everything overnight. You simply order the your interior color and the units arrive ready to install. The leather is a dead match at least in mine. Albeit not quite as sleek as Porsches RES, it's a heck of a lot cheaper and works far better since Porsche's screens can't be accessed individually to my understanding. Both headphones and controllers will fit in the rear glove box between the seats when not in use. The quality of the video/audio/equipment is excellent and the units come with detailed instructions for the Cayenne install. Cost installed by a dealer will run about $2400.00 total however if you do it yourself, and have access to purchasing the units, you can do it for 1/2 this or less. Porsche's is way too much at $3800.00. At Park Place this is the ones they install most of the time. My wife has no problem with these. They both are external solutions due the reasons listed above. In other words they do protrude and there is no way around it. Porsche's looks a little better but not thousands better especially with their lack of functionality compared to the Rosen's.

I have to tell you, I just drove to and from Disney World (2800 miles+ RT) recently and it was a wonderful trip! Actually it was quite eerie... The back seat was so quiet. The Mrs and I were able to listen to "Watercolors" and truly relax most of the time. The boy and girl had a nice time too. That's a lot of miles if you had nothing to do. PM me directly if you have any more questions. I can send you some pics of mine. Here is their website. The pic of the BMW example is pretty much identical to the Cayenne's.

http://www.rosenentertainment.com/

I hope this helps

"doctorjj" are you in OKC?

Ted.

Last edited by Ted; 11-04-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:30 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Hey - I put this in my '09 CTTS .. works awesome. Paid $100 to have it installed. It has an aux out that works perfectly with the pepper's aux in. Bluetooth, ipod, DVD, TV, wireless headphones .. no complaints and no problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Touchscreen-Car-...item2ea688dacb

Shipping was steep because it comes straight from China .. I ordered on Monday and had by Thursday.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Ted,
Thanks for the input on the Rosen system. Their website pretty much sucks.

I'm located up around Tulsa.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
You bet,

I sent you a PM

Old 11-04-2009, 10:49 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by SLATETT
Hey - I put this in my '09 CTTS .. works awesome. Paid $100 to have it installed. It has an aux out that works perfectly with the pepper's aux in. Bluetooth, ipod, DVD, TV, wireless headphones .. no complaints and no problems.

Shipping was steep because it comes straight from China .. I ordered on Monday and had by Thursday.
was the install difficult?

Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Ted,
I got your PM. I can't PM yet because I don't have enough posts. I'm working on that though.

Your suggestion sounded like a great idea. I'll get in touch with you soon.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Road Runner is on a distinguished road

Very nice alternative solution!
What is the sound quality like via the FM transmitter when playing music etc (this is important for me as I don't have an aux in on my 04 S).
How did they attach the unit and do you have any pictures of your install?

Thanks

Old 11-06-2009, 07:20 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !

any pictures of the install?

Old 11-25-2009, 09:41 AM
capitalst is on a distinguished road
TED- could you send me some pictures of what this system looks like installed?

Old 11-28-2009, 01:58 AM
Ted
Sure. PM me and with your address.

Ted.