Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Spacers and Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 12:13 PM
C.Plavan will become famous soon enough
I have a half an inch of spacer on both sides of my 1969 911 race car- No issues and it is 40+ year old race car . 20X9 Techno's on the Cayenne with spacers will be fine.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:20 PM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by C.Plavan
I have a half an inch of spacer on both sides of my 1969 911 race car- No issues and it is 40+ year old race car . 20X9 Techno's on the Cayenne with spacers will be fine.
then i bow out defeated sir.

you obviously do things differently stateside, as i know that our boys dont use spacers, we use larger wheels if thats whats needed.
because of the rotating mass (its huge with spacers fitted) and because of the massive extra load thats placed on the wheel barings (its all about leaverage..think about how much extra strain is applied each bit you move the wheel away from the hub.
but good luck if it works for you, im not sure if we are even allowed spacers, i know i was not allowed them on my subaru STI track car.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:31 PM
C.Plavan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ONE234
then i bow out defeated sir.

you obviously do things differently stateside, as i know that our boys dont use spacers, we use larger wheels if thats whats needed.
because of the rotating mass (its huge with spacers fitted) and because of the massive extra load thats placed on the wheel barings (its all about leaverage..think about how much extra strain is applied each bit you move the wheel away from the hub.
but good luck if it works for you, im not sure if we are even allowed spacers, i know i was not allowed them on my subaru STI track car.
You are correct on the physics of spacers- But Porsche is an over engineered car- what works on a Porsche probably not work on other makes (Subaru, Toyota, Mitsubishi etc.). Have you seen the size of the wheel bearings? Now compare that to another make. Remember the turbo look 911's of the 80's? they have/had almost 3 inch spacers on the rear- from the factory. If Porsche says I can use spacers on my Sport Techno 20x9's- that is good enough for me. But again, your not wrong with your concerns- Its just that Porsche's can probably take that extra load.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by C.Plavan
You are correct on the physics of spacers- But Porsche is an over engineered car- what works on a Porsche probably not work on other makes (Subaru, Toyota, Mitsubishi etc.). Have you seen the size of the wheel bearings? Now compare that to another make. Remember the turbo look 911's of the 80's? they have/had almost 3 inch spacers on the rear- from the factory. If Porsche says I can use spacers on my Sport Techno 20x9's- that is good enough for me. But again, your not wrong with your concerns- Its just that Porsche's can probably take that extra load.

i suppose your right good old porkie, i knew there was a reason i bought one

Old 08-21-2009, 12:22 PM
DocU is on a distinguished road
I do not see 295/30-22 listed on their website. Is this an omision their part?

How do the tires handle in the light and deep snow?
Does anyone now of a dealer here in the US around Colorado?

Thanks

Old 08-21-2009, 12:58 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
FWIW... Techart uses HUGE spacers with their Magnum kit... They could just make wider rims but chose to just space out the wheels for the WB kit. I agree that from a performance standpoint they are not ideal, due to the added weight of the extra lug bolts and material. However I do know the champion S4/RS4 race car used to run spacers.

I've used spacers (bolt on/ Hub centric) for many years now on many different makes and models. Never had any issues. I would never run anything but hubcentric though due to the amonut of shifting that can occur. Also I only use H&R spacers since (I believe) they are TUV certified/approved....

Old 12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
kyeguy82 will become famous soon enough
ran 1.25 inch thick hubcentric adapters on my g35 for years until i sold the car. not once did i have a problem.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
I have the Yoko Parada X-spec and they are head and shoulders better than the Pirelli's! They ride better and are quieter!! I had the Yoko Advan Sports and they got very loud as tehy aged. Go with the Parada! Bonus is that they are not too expensive.