Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Will fog lights work in automatic headlight mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 AM
dtran023 is on a distinguished road
Will fog lights work in automatic headlight mode?

I wonder if or how I can have the fog lights turn on at the same time as the head lights in the automatic mode without having to switch to manual and pull out the rotary switch to turn on the head lights. Thanks.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:55 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
fog lights are manual only.
how would the cars auto system know its foggy??
the auto lights work off a sensor that senses the amount of ambiant light, fogs are only to be used at your descretion, and are "dangerious/inconveniant" for other road users if its not foggy, because its not only dazaling in the rear view mirror but the rear lights can look like brake lights, and are very bright.

plus it looks like the driver does not know his vehicle when there on without any fog.
in the UK, its illegal to drive with fog lights on when its not inclament weather, because of the safty issues.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:08 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
in US, driving with your fog lights on is legal unlike the other countries, and I personally turn them on all the time. About turning them automatically with headlights, your dealership can answer this question easily. I personally don't think that it's possible, but who knows what that PIWIS computer can do?!....

Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
oh, i didnt know that.

but why would you want to? there called fog lights for a reason.
or is it simply to pose.
headlights are adjusted so they dont dazzale, but fogs are not, and it causes problems for other users.
why not drive with your hazard/reversing lights on also?? im sure you could get them to come on when driving forward
if every one did that, it would defeat the point of having fog lights.
but hey, you live on this planet also, so i guess its up to you what you do, im just glad im not infront or behind you.