Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

abs failure came up after starting the car. cayenne s 2004

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 06:21 PM
euro_king is on a distinguished road
abs failure came up after starting the car. cayenne s 2004

Abs failure visit workshop sign came up in my dash after starting the car this morning and suddenly gone. anybody ever have this problem. brake just change 4000 miles ago from carlsen porsche.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
weak battery can trigger abs light

Old 11-12-2009, 06:43 PM
euro_king is on a distinguished road
what other stuff can trigger this, the battery seems to be ok, but sometimes after couple days not using the car is kinda hesitate to start, but it always start.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
if you are rolling and a wheel leaves the ground and continues to rotate the abs can be triggered..usually happens on a driveway or slope

Old 11-20-2009, 10:03 AM
frankc Z is on a distinguished road
The battery has been replaced. The "ABS failure workshop" light still comes up occasionally during the engine cranking up. I would say it comes up once every 2 days. However, it only comes up for 3 seconds with a 'beep' and disappears right away after engine starts up.

The first time I saw this light come up was last week after the old plastic coolant pipes burst on me. I stopped the car on the side of the road, restarted the car (to drive home a few blocks away) and saw the ABS light come up. That next morning I started the car up to tow it for a coolant pipe replacement, the ABS light still came on. With the new coolant pipes replaced, the light still comes up occasionally, but never stayed on and never gave error codes for the dealers to see.

So does anyone know that the coolant leak have anything to do with the ABS system or anything that may trigger that light (without giving any faults)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by frankc Z; 11-20-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:26 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by frankc Z
So does anyone know that the coolant leak have anything to do with the ABS system or anything that may trigger that light (without giving any faults)?

God,, Jesus hope not!

Throwing this out, since you've mentioned the break job was done recently.
I know in BMW, ABS warning lights can be triggered by the dirty or faulty ABS pulse sensors (speed sensors) on the driver's front/rear wheel areas. Not sure whether Cayenne has them or not though....

Old 11-20-2009, 11:39 PM
frankc Z is on a distinguished road
But its funny how it comes up and goes away right away, not leaving any fault codes. It also happens only once every 3-4 start-ups. I remember reading a 'coolant pipe burst' story somewhere, causing an ABS light (along with a few other fault lights) to trigger with the coolant light too. I really need some info on that because it really bothers me.

While driving home just now right in front of my house I also checked if ABS was working by stomping on the brakes and the ABS still works, so everything is normal. I maybe a guy who worries too much, but when it comes to brakes I really have to make sure. So if anyone has an input or any info on this please chime in.

Thanks again.