Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Air Suspension Compressor - Arrggghhhh!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 03:04 PM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Air Suspension Compressor - Arrggghhhh!

I just picked up the Transsy today from the 3rd service attempt and 20 days in shop service (out of 56 ownership days from new) in attempts to remedy the continuously recycling air suspension compressor.

First service visit they changed the valve body. Second visit they did nothing, since the ride height did not settle or drop over night and over the weekend.

This 3rd visit they replaced the compressor. It is now much quieter, but continues to cycle on and off repeatedly while driving and making no changes in the ride height or ride comfort settings. This continuous cycling of the compressor cannot be right! There has to be a leak somewhere.

Do you guys with the air suspension have continuously cycling compressors without changes to the ride height or ride comfort settings?

The dealers shop foreman says my car is operating within spec. I don't believe it. Can you say "Lemon Law"?

Old 12-23-2009, 03:39 PM
z145433 is on a distinguished road
next time you bring it in hand the shop foreman a bottle of dish soap and tell him to go old school finding that leak.
I rarely notice the compressor on my gts.

maybe go rock crawling and try to force the suspension into failure.
or get some air over a berm while off road, somehow get that leak to increase or explode before you go nuts.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:03 PM
WayneE is on a distinguished road
Mine will VERY RARELY adjust the ride height at a stoplight (just to level it or drop it down a little), but it's not it's usual behavior. I occasionally notice the compressor kick on when I first start up the car, but never while driving.

I usually park and put the car in loading mode before I get out. About 1/3 of the time, after I get out/unload, I will hear a rush of air as I walk away and the car is lowering itself a little more.

Other than that, it does only what I tell it.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:23 PM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
They say that, since the ride height doesn't drop over night or over the weekend, there is no leak. However, the leak could be between the compressor and the valve block that controls the struts. Or the struts could be leaking only when the car is moving. Something is making the compressor run and stop and run and stop seemingly without end.

It's getting pretty close to crunch time with the Georgia Lemon Law. I really rather they would get it fixed.

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlant; 12-24-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:08 PM
zmw
zmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to behold
ask them to loan you one for a few days to see if any other car does it, I never notice the air compressor in my 04 TT so for you to say you even hear it in a 2010 model just seems silly to me.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:24 AM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
Module

I had a chasis failure on my new 09 CTTS which turned out to be the suspension module. Maybe the computer module itself is defective telling the air suspension to continually adjust?