Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Heated front seats not working!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Road Runner is on a distinguished road
Heated front seats not working!

Both front seats have no heat! They are both set at 5.
Fuses look fine, any suggestions for troubleshooting?
I don't have a service manual.
04 CS

Thanks in advance

Old 02-22-2015, 09:38 PM
VIPNiSS is on a distinguished road
did you ever find the answer to this? I am having the same issues now.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:44 PM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
Not gonna wanna hear this, but they might be done. Could have torn/damaged a wire (kneeling, standing or putting deep pressure on any portion of the seat where the heating element is) can do this. Once the continuity is broken, there's not much you can do. Find replacement seats (w/heaters) or jimmy-rig new heating element pads in there (which I can't imagine will be too easy).

I had an old Navigator years ago where i had the same problem. Asked a mechanic what to do, he basically said 'pee in it, that's the only way itll get warm again'...

so much for free advice..

Old 02-25-2015, 10:02 PM
Don't seem right to me. Only stopped after I was messing with radio unit. Both seats just stopped working at the same time

Old 02-26-2015, 11:44 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
...was going exactly where I was, except more messy.
Just let'er rip and enjoy temporary warmth.

Since you are up in Canada, and since all this global warming has been kicking your butt over the last few months, i can understand why you would want these fixed.

In the Autoatlanta parts catalog, you can get the seat frame which has the components - CLICK HERE - $847.75.
Here is the Autoatlanta parts diagram since I am not sure exactly what model seat you have. Good luck.

Originally Posted by richie996
...Asked a mechanic what to do, he basically said 'pee in it, that's the only way itll get warm again'...

so much for free advice..

Old 03-15-2015, 09:10 PM
ams165 is on a distinguished road
Heated seats

Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
Don't seem right to me. Only stopped after I was messing with radio unit. Both seats just stopped working at the same time

Could you have possibly unplugged them from there switches when you were messing with the radio?

I have been there....

Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I would definitely check out the switches first and go from there. If it happened after messing with the stereo it could easily be a loose connection or at worst a pinched wire somewhere.

I'd sure get it checked out before buying new seats or heaters.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:26 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Check fuses...too

Old 09-14-2015, 08:10 PM
xcracer is on a distinguished road
both seats not heating

I have the same problem. I was going to post the same question when I saw this. Is there anyone that has ever had this problem with the 955? Need a step by step trouble shooting here. I had read somewhere about a relay but no one knows where it is exactly. Or how about another site with info or something?

Old 09-15-2015, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by xcracer
I have the same problem. I was going to post the same question when I saw this. Is there anyone that has ever had this problem with the 955? Need a step by step trouble shooting here. I had read somewhere about a relay but no one knows where it is exactly. Or how about another site with info or something?
I would recommend first feeling under the seat, as the wiring harness can get disconnected.....I had assumed the seat or wire was severed for like 3 years, then this spring I put my hand under the seat and tracked to the plug in's and it clicked back in and boom, seats were working again.

If that does not work, I would make sure the wires harness are complete and not severed.

If that does not work, check the fuses by the the manual alignment.

That should do it.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:46 AM
Thanks for your reply! Did you go from the front of the seat or the rear to find this connection? Was it on the driver's side and it fixed both or were both seats disconnected on yours? Can you be more specific on where these fuses are?

Old 09-15-2015, 12:11 PM
I was in the back seat reaching up behind the passenger front seat...and clicked it back in.

I know I have blown fuses before but just google the Cayenne Fuse diagram and then look for Heated Seats on the diagrams to locate, then it's easier to match the AMP size to than count to the fuse itself...

Old 10-12-2015, 08:11 AM
The seats are plugged in. From what I have found all of the heated seat fuses are 5amp. That can't be correct. Isn't there a relay or a large fuse or 2 somewhere?

Old 10-20-2015, 09:04 PM
turned out to be fuse 22 on passenger side.. however i replaced it and as soon as i turn back on the seat warmer it blows. does it on both side of the seats.. i can turn each on one by one and it blows..

Old 10-21-2015, 09:19 AM
I will check that fuse. Are you still trying to figure it out or do you know why the fuse is blowing? How many amp is it?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heated front seats not working!