Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Help! Smoking from grilles?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 03:25 PM
knicks will become famous soon enough
Help! Smoking from grilles?

Hey guys, this morning i took my cayenne to work and back, (60 mile commute in total) and when i got home, going into the garage smoke began to come out through the hood, but i didnt realize it was coming out of the grille. It didnt seem like it was from the engine, and it has been almost a blizzard for 10 hours today. Can someone help me out on what happened? I didnt get any overheating or check engine light. thanks

Old 02-26-2010, 05:09 AM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Afroman
Hey guys, this morning i took my cayenne to work and back, (60 mile commute in total) and when i got home, going into the garage smoke began to come out through the hood, but i didnt realize it was coming out of the grille. It didnt seem like it was from the engine, and it has been almost a blizzard for 10 hours today. Can someone help me out on what happened? I didnt get any overheating or check engine light. thanks
Is it "smoke" (can you smell something burning?); or is it steam coming from moisture splashing up on the hot radiator or the hot engine block?

Old 02-26-2010, 02:12 PM
hulahula is on a distinguished road
I've seen the same phenomenon after driving in heavy wet snow. Some white smoke/steam emanating from under the hood. I just figured the snow collected near someplace hot.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:38 PM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
need more details about the smoke... was it black? white? any smells?

Like the first reply said, could be as simple as water/moisture/snow splashing up against the rad or the engine and evaporating as steam

Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 PM
knicks will become famous soon enough
there was clearly a smell and it was a typical white smoke, visible but not thick. maybe it was just snow hitting the rad, thanks for answers.