Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Bypass pipes help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 09:16 AM
Banned
renntech36 will become famous soon enoughrenntech36 will become famous soon enough
Bypass pipes help!

If I have magnaflow mufflers on my Cayenne Turbo now, how much louder will it get with the bypass pipes installed. I really am just looking for more performance. The exhaust as is is decently loud, and I really would not like it much louder.

Also, is this a hard install? Does it require welding.

Lastly, will this open up the sound of my turbos any? I know my exhaust did, and especially on my last truck with no muffler the turbos were ridiculously loud.

Thanks and appreciate any help you can give me!

Harris

Old 12-28-2004, 10:13 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bypass pipes help!

Originally posted by renntech36
If I have magnaflow mufflers on my Cayenne Turbo now, how much louder will it get with the bypass pipes installed. I really am just looking for more performance. The exhaust as is is decently loud, and I really would not like it much louder.

Also, is this a hard install? Does it require welding.

Lastly, will this open up the sound of my turbos any? I know my exhaust did, and especially on my last truck with no muffler the turbos were ridiculously loud.

Thanks and appreciate any help you can give me!

Harris
I don't think it will be much louder. Yes, it's a performance thing and you can expect 25 additional hp by removing the secondary cats.

Install is simple bolt on. The top flange bolts on each side are tuff to get a wrench on. It is recommended that you slide back the clamp that attached the cat exit pipe to the muffler entry pipe so that the cat can be moved a bit to gain access to the top flange bolts. The bellows that attaches to the flange is flexible allowing you to move/shift/tilt the cat so that you can access this troublesome bolt...

Old 12-28-2004, 09:44 PM
TCM
TCM will become famous soon enough
It gets a lot louder. Install should be relatively simple, but expect quite a jump in sound difference. You may want to pm DEETZ for his thoughts. He is running the bypass with the TechArt exhuast is loves it, but says it is definately very loud. Hope this helps.

Old 12-29-2004, 05:54 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by TCM
It gets a lot louder. Install should be relatively simple, but expect quite a jump in sound difference. You may want to pm DEETZ for his thoughts. He is running the bypass with the TechArt exhuast is loves it, but says it is definately very loud. Hope this helps.
Yeah.... it's a lot louder with a NA Cayenne S...Not a turbo. Two different animals...like apples and oranges in terms of sound.

Old 12-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 will become famous soon enough
I heard deetz car. Its a lot louder, and i mean a lot lol

Old 12-29-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by jamy85
I heard deetz car. Its a lot louder, and i mean a lot lol
Right, but this guy has a Turbo, so how DEETZ' car sounds has no bearing on a sound decision for a turbo owner. Turbo's are much quieter than a NA variety Cayenne to start with...

Old 12-29-2004, 08:10 AM
TCM
TCM will become famous soon enough
Sorry, did not see it was a Turbo we were talking about. I would still think it would be louder but to a muhc ore muffled degree then the S due to the turbo.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Banned
renntech36 will become famous soon enoughrenntech36 will become famous soon enough
well i think i am going to order them on Wednesday (tomorrow). Rockitman, how much performance difference did you notice? I mean, seat of the pants, is there an impressive difference?

Old 12-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by renntech36
well i think i am going to order them on Wednesday (tomorrow). Rockitman, how much performance difference did you notice? I mean, seat of the pants, is there an impressive difference?
I was breaking the CT in when I changed over to them, so I didn't get a WOT test compare when stock and when not. It feels peppier "no pun :-)" but I think the throttle response is better along with less t-lag. I have not had a chance ("cold up here") to put in my free flow air filters yet (K&N), nor my hyperboost diverter valves... I will probably get the Fabspeed supersport exhaust in the Spring and I will be done with close to 500 Hp with no ecu tweak... Considering you were running straight pipes last time (I think that was you???), I don't think you will have a problem with the additional sound by dropping the 2nd dary cats...

Old 01-02-2005, 11:24 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
I am not sure why but my exhaust sounds much deeper and louder with the fabspeed pipes. As you know, the techart muffler broke and I had it replaced and I put the fabspeed pipes together with the new muffler. The first 500 miles it sounded very rough and loud, it is now alot deeper and no resonance at all and more quiet