Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Cayenne!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Jim Bond is on a distinguished road
New Cayenne!

Hi guys,
I've been a member for a long while now, haven't really posted though. Been driving an S for the past 5 years and it was great... But the new Cayenne... Wow. Got her a few weeks ago and it is NOTHING like the old one. The extra ponies help, but how it drives is just awesome and the interior is amazing!
Thought I'd pop in and say hi instead of remaining a lurker... So, Hi!

Old 08-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Very nice enjoy. Got the wife one Saturday. I have only been behind wheel once. She won't let it sit still long enough for me to get a day time photo. 550 miles in 3 days. Boy an I glad we didn't go with a lease!!!

Wow been around four years 3 post. Don't be a lurker jump in and enjoy.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
that is beautiful! Loves the rims!

Gj, I am glad your wife loves it!!!!! Looks like I won't be getting anything soon. Guess what I am stuck driving again? Yep, that overpriced Toyota!

Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 AM
BillC is on a distinguished road
Does this mean your that your deal to return the lexus didn't work out.? If so, sorry to hear it.

I had problems with 2 2008 BMW's (535xi and X6). BMW would not do a reasonable deal but the dealer did it on both cars to keep my future business. Only works if your lexus dealer is owned by a franchise that also sells porsches.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:07 AM
kriegsjr is on a distinguished road
Congratulations! Looks great. I cannot wait for mine which will be several months.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:37 PM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Beautiful, enjoy! Is that Black or Jet Black? I have a Jet Black w/ Turbo II wheels on order, build date of Oct 6. Can't wait!

Old 08-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks all!

Originally Posted by gammaman
Beautiful, enjoy! Is that Black or Jet Black? I have a Jet Black w/ Turbo II wheels on order, build date of Oct 6. Can't wait!
It's Jet Black, so yours should look just like the pic above!

Old 08-25-2010, 01:27 PM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Which wood is that? I can't quite tell from the picture, but it looks nice. I'm getting olive with espresso/cognac leather. Is the Burmester living up to expectations?

Old 08-25-2010, 07:44 PM
AMR Power is on a distinguished road
Congrats! It looks amazing

Old 08-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by gammaman
Which wood is that? I can't quite tell from the picture, but it looks nice. I'm getting olive with espresso/cognac leather. Is the Burmester living up to expectations?
It's the walnut. The picture makes it look lighter than it appears in person. Thank you, I like it too. Seems to add a bit more luxury to the already fabulous interior.
The Burmester is exceptional. I read a review on the Panamera forum that was pretty accurate (here). I never gave the Bose a listen though, so it may be just fine (please nobody tell me if it's almost as good )

Old 08-26-2010, 05:05 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BillC
Does this mean your that your deal to return the lexus didn't work out.? If so, sorry to hear it.

I had problems with 2 2008 BMW's (535xi and X6). BMW would not do a reasonable deal but the dealer did it on both cars to keep my future business. Only works if your lexus dealer is owned by a franchise that also sells porsches.
haven't heard yet from Lexus corp. The dealer said to take the car back and drive. Said it would not affect the outcome. Said I'd know in 30 days.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by kriegsjr
Congratulations! Looks great. I cannot wait for mine which will be several months.
I am in your neck of the wood this week...at Disney!

To the OP, sorry to go OT, now back to the new turbo which is gorgeous!

Old 08-26-2010, 05:11 AM
NorCal_Cyclist is on a distinguished road
Nice looking Cayenne - I grabbed mine on 8/13 and have 700+ miles on it after a weekend road trip I think the black/black looks sharp - I wish I had gone with a black interior...maybe I'll trade for a new one in a few years. ENJOY - what a nice driving car!!!