Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne warranty extended for coils

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 12:07 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
are all 03-06 cayennes included? I have 3 coils gone bad (out of extended warranty) and dealer says my cayenne is not included in the recall!

anyone?

Old 01-31-2011, 01:45 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I thought all 03-06 Cayennes are included on this deal, why don't you contact;
http://www.porsche.com/usa/dialogue/...ndinformation/

give them your VIN# and go from there.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:14 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cayenned
are all 03-06 cayennes included? I have 3 coils gone bad (out of extended warranty) and dealer says my cayenne is not included in the recall!

anyone?
Yes, the notice I have says all 2003-2006 Cayennes with less than 100,000 miles on them at the time of failure are covered. I just pulled it up and reviewed it.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by gr8ful
Yes, the notice I have says all 2003-2006 Cayennes with less than 100,000 miles on them at the time of failure are covered. I just pulled it up and reviewed it.

Would yo mind scanning it and posting it? I called PCNA and they said it is for certian coil numbers, I am going to check and see which coils I have.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 AM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
As of sept. 2010 porsche has initiateda service bulletin relating to ignition coils on MY 2003-2006 cayennes..Porsche extending warranty on the improved ignition coils for 4 years or 50,000 miles,whichever occurs first,from the first date of the installation of the IMPROVED parts.The part numbers covered are 948 602 104 07 and 955 602 101 04 plus all successor part numbers..

Bulletin also notes THAT Porsche will REIMBURSE CUSTOMERS who PAID OUT OF POCKET for these repairs if their cayenne had LESS THAN 100,000 miles AT THE TIME OF REPAIR..Customer will be required to PROVIDE a LEGIBLE COPY of their repair invoice to obtain REIMBURSEMENT>>>If you own or owned a cayenne and had to replace the coils, this may apply to you...you may want to contact Porsche customer service (1-800-PORSCHE) for further information.....

Old 02-01-2011, 09:45 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Question

Would yo mind scanning it and posting it? I called PCNA and they said it is for certian coil numbers, I am going to check and see which coils I have.
I have it scanned in PDF. How does one upload PDF's here???

Old 02-01-2011, 11:16 AM
my coil number is 948-602-104-03.. so i think im sh%t out of luck on this one no?

Originally Posted by pakundo
As of sept. 2010 porsche has initiateda service bulletin relating to ignition coils on MY 2003-2006 cayennes..Porsche extending warranty on the improved ignition coils for 4 years or 50,000 miles,whichever occurs first,from the first date of the installation of the IMPROVED parts.The part numbers covered are 948 602 104 07 and 955 602 101 04 plus all successor part numbers..

Bulletin also notes THAT Porsche will REIMBURSE CUSTOMERS who PAID OUT OF POCKET for these repairs if their cayenne had LESS THAN 100,000 miles AT THE TIME OF REPAIR..Customer will be required to PROVIDE a LEGIBLE COPY of their repair invoice to obtain REIMBURSEMENT>>>If you own or owned a cayenne and had to replace the coils, this may apply to you...you may want to contact Porsche customer service (1-800-PORSCHE) for further information.....

Old 02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
my coil number is 948-602-104-03.. so i think im sh%t out of luck on this one no?
No.

It says:
Porsche is extending the warranty on the improved ignition coils with the part number 955602101 04 (and successor part numbers

Call PCNA and request help.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 PM
No.

It says:
Porsche is extending the warranty on the improved ignition coils with the part number 955602101 04 (and successor part numbers

Call PCNA and request help.
Just called PCNA they said that my coils arent included. Succesor parts are from the 95560210104 and forward

Old 02-01-2011, 01:06 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
I contacted them as well, same number on my coils as yours, they only had the one number on file and the lady I spoke with didn't know which successor numbers were covered??? Forwarded me to the dealer (imagine that) for more info. Sounds like a joke to me, why even bother extending anything if your not going to cover it for the people that actually need them.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by snzuloz
I contacted them as well, same number on my coils as yours, they only had the one number on file and the lady I spoke with didn't know which successor numbers were covered??? Forwarded me to the dealer (imagine that) for more info. Sounds like a joke to me, why even bother extending anything if your not going to cover it for the people that actually need them.

Cayenned--Interesting. Thanks for the report.

snzloz--Even more interesting. From my recent experience with Porsche's CPO Warranty, nobody of this North American Continent knows what's going one. There is lack of consistency in the application (approval/denial) of their warranty program. PCNA demonstrated to my local dealer (and me) that they don't know how to administer their own program!

I don't know where the disconnect lies! Until this gets sorted out, I advise NOT BUYING and taking risks because there are no guarantees on anything Porsche. Sure, they make better cars but I am worn out from the hassling--and we aren't done yet!

My radio keeps losing its presets. They replaced it once but since they can't duplicate the problem even though it is the same.

Time for me to call PCNA and start anothe claim. Number 3.

Damn, I'm getting tired of this.

Last edited by gr8ful; 02-01-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:29 PM
thats exactly what happened to me....

had your coils been replaced before? mine were replaced in 07 under warranty and they go bad again! funny if yours re original and my 07s have the same number.. I asked my indy shop to save the old ones and im gonna check if the dealer bothered to replace all 8 back in 07.

Anyway, purchased them from suncoast today im having my indy shop install them, ill deal with PCNA and my dealer later to see if I can get reimbursed if i do find other coils with the recall numbers

Old 02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
One in the back under CPO. However, they refused to replace them all as I suggested. It would have been the same labor but more parts.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Cayenned--Interseting. Thanks for the report.

snzloz--Even more interesting. From my recent experience with Porsche's CPO Warranty, nobody of this Nort American Continetn knows what's going one. There is lack of consistency in the application (approval/denial) of thei warranty program. PCNA demonstrated to my local dealer (and me) that they don't know how to administer their own program!

I don't know where the dissconnect lies! Until this gets sorted out, I advise NOT BUYING and taking any risks because there are no guarantees on anything Porsche. Sure, they make better cars but I am worn out from the hassling--and we aren't done yet!

My radio keeps losing its presets. They replaced it once but since they can't duplicate the problem even though it is the same.

Time for me to call PCNA and start anothe claim. Number 3.

Damn, I'm getting tired of this.
Tell me about it. I am honestly thinking of not buying a porsche again......for at least a while until they get their sh*t straightened out.

1. my dealer sucks, absolutely have no confidence in them whatsoever, and its the only porsche dealer where I live.

2. On the radio issue, mine has been replaced 3 times....last time stopped working 2 min after picking up my car at the dealer, turned around asap so they could see it before they throw the "cant reproduce the problem" line.

anyway, back on topic

Old 02-01-2011, 05:06 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
thats exactly what happened to me....

had your coils been replaced before? mine were replaced in 07 under warranty and they go bad again! funny if yours re original and my 07s have the same number.. I asked my indy shop to save the old ones and im gonna check if the dealer bothered to replace all 8 back in 07.

Anyway, purchased them from suncoast today im having my indy shop install them, ill deal with PCNA and my dealer later to see if I can get reimbursed if i do find other coils with the recall numbers
My coils were changed under warranty as well back in April of 07, funny how the successor part doesn't apply to these numbers... Well mine goes in tomorrow for some work, might be the last Porsche I ever buy if this doesn't go as it should. I have NO problem driving domestic, they have been very reliable, and are much easier to mod from what I've seen so far.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne warranty extended for coils