Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne warranty extended for coils

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 01:12 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Cayenne warranty extended for coils

Just got notice on this from Porsche. Warranty is extended another 4 years, 50,000 miles for 2003-2006 Cayenne's. Nice!

Old 10-15-2010, 04:10 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
Ditto!

Originally Posted by atlshaver
Just got notice on this from Porsche. Warranty is extended another 4 years, 50,000 miles for 2003-2006 Cayenne's. Nice!

Old 10-15-2010, 06:12 PM
OCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura aboutOCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura aboutOCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura about
I did not get anything in the mail? Are yours both CPO'ed? Mine 2005 is CPO'ed.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:28 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
No CPO, actually bought it from a 3rd party. We did not have an extended warranty, etc.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
So my 04 with 67k and me as the second owner, no warranty-qualifies?

Old 10-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
can we call porsche north america and check/request for confirmation based on the VIN? i just got an 06 CTT-S last week

Old 10-15-2010, 11:23 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
From what I read everyone qualifies. If you just purchased yours send in the new owner card from your manual and I assume they will mail you the info.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:58 AM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
This could be an even greater Christmas present than my Cayenne itself. I, too, just picked up an 04 S with 67k. I'd imagine I can't just bring them in; they have to swap it out. The dealer is kindof a drive for me...

Originally Posted by eVoMotion
No CPO, actually bought it from a 3rd party. We did not have an extended warranty, etc.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:42 AM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Noob question for you, are the new coils different than the previous O.E.M. units (are they working as they should without failure?) or are they an ongoing issue?

Old 10-16-2010, 03:42 PM
356 is on a distinguished road
WOW...I just bought a used 2004 with 84,750 miles from a BMW/Porsche dealer in Virgina. I noticed the idle, when warm, is a little rough. Sounds like a classic coil issue. As noted by another poster, this may be an early Christmas gift!

Old 10-16-2010, 04:50 PM
codey is on a distinguished road
Porsche has really done right on this.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:53 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Can you scan the document and post it for all of us that have not received this? Thanks!

Old 10-16-2010, 06:45 PM
ClutchnThrottle is on a distinguished road
I changed out my coils in April. I wonder if Porsche will reimburse the price of the coils?

It would be nice if they added the coolant tubes and cardan shaft.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:39 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
...and I just bought a used 2004 with 67k from a Mercedes dealer in Virginia that's got the same issue. Mmm, sounds like we'll be visiting a dealer soon.

Originally Posted by 356
WOW...I just bought a used 2004 with 84,750 miles from a BMW/Porsche dealer in Virgina. I noticed the idle, when warm, is a little rough. Sounds like a classic coil issue. As noted by another poster, this may be an early Christmas gift!

Old 10-17-2010, 03:38 PM
codey is on a distinguished road
I just received mine today. Yes Porsche will reimburse you for previous coil repairs. It says that if you have already paid to have the repair completed you may receive a reimbursement if you meet the following requirements.

1. You own or have owned a 2003-2006 model year Cayenne.
2. You have paid to replace the ignition coils for the concern described above. (The concern listed above relates to various problems with the ignition coil that results in illumination of the 'Check Engine' warning indicator. )
3. The repair was performed before the date of this letter and vehicle mileage did not exceed 100,000 miles at the time of replacement.
4. You have an original or legible copy of the paid repair order or invoice showing your name, description of concern, charges of parts/labor, repair date, mileage data, and name and address of the authorized Porsche dealer or licensed repair facility).

On a separate note:
My question is if the concern relates to "various problems with the ignition coil that result in illumination of the "Check Engine" warning indicator" will they change the coils if the check engine light is not on? It goes on to say that should you notice the illumination of this indicator, contact your preferred Porsche dealer without delay. Last time my coils were cracked and repaired under warranty the check engine light was not on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne warranty extended for coils