Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne CTT exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:28 AM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by str8blst
Anymore pics? How did you do this?
That looks like some simple conduit that can't cost any more than $20 and some VERY simple welding. I'm sure you could easily have this done for under $100 easily including the cost of the drill bit.

I'd love to hear how this sounds (hint, hint...). I'm sure you could get some nice changes in tone depending on how large of diameter of tubing you use too.

It also seems pretty nice as it wouldn't be that hard to got "back to stock." Remove the conduit and weld in some patches.

...hmmmmmmmmm

Old 11-15-2010, 09:29 AM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PutterMcGavin
That looks like some simple conduit that can't cost any more than $20 and some VERY simple welding. I'm sure you could easily have this done for under $100 easily including the cost of the drill bit.

I'd love to hear how this sounds (hint, hint...). I'm sure you could get some nice changes in tone depending on how large of diameter of tubing you use too.

It also seems pretty nice as it wouldn't be that hard to got "back to stock." Remove the conduit and weld in some patches.

...hmmmmmmmmm
+1 for some video's of this in action. Must be loud as a freight train

Old 11-15-2010, 10:13 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Actually its not that loud. I thought it would be, but its pretty mild. PutterMcGavin, you are correct in that it is just 3/4" conduit that I bent at work. So yes, $20 bucks, and the materials are taken care of. All you have to do is cut one section of pipe in half, put 90 degree bends in them, drill two holes accordingly with a unibit or step drill, tack weld into position, then fully weld around. SIMPLE, SUPER CHEAP, AND STEALTHY!!!! The car really comes alive at WOT. I LOVE IT!!!! I will post videos eventually but my work schedule has my life right now, 12hrs a day 7 days a week.

P.S. This goes great with the custom cat-delete pipes too: Do it yourself or have a shop do it to save you around $400 bucks and just as good!!!

Old 11-21-2010, 12:49 PM
4flynlow is on a distinguished road
Are there warranty problems by installing the cat bypass pipes?

Old 11-21-2010, 01:18 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Yes there are problems. You may find a cool enough dealer that wont bother voiding your warranty though.......good luck with that.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Just had "muffler bypass" pipes installed with a slightly larger diameter than what Hackem has and it sounds MEAN! Definitely more sporty. Loud enough that you know you have an exhaust when the windows are open but barely audible if at all with the windows up when cruising.

...now if I could just find my battery camera charger.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:51 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Just had "muffler bypass" pipes installed with a slightly larger diameter than what Hackem has and it sounds MEAN! Definitely more sporty. Loud enough that you know you have an exhaust when the windows are open but barely audible if at all with the windows up when cruising.

Pictures would be good, sound clip would be even better, start looking for that charger.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:20 AM
FastHackem's Muffler Bypass Mod

Putter!!!! IM SO GLAD YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THE NEW MOD!!!! I hope this spreads around the forums and more people do this mod. Its such a worthy investment and will save some good people some hard earned cash. I really want to make a seperate thread about this mod. In fact I just may do that during the holidays. I would love to have your pictures and sound clips for that thread too. Any input on problems that you ran into or just any advice that you think is good for other members to know about would be appreciated too.

BTW: FASTHACKEM'S MUFFLER BYPASS MOD ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Ok finally got a hold of a camera. I had to borrow my brother's as my charger is MIA.

I had the shop install the smallest diameter piping they had which was 1 3/4". Definitely larger than what Hackem originally installed but it works. Honestly I originally only saw this as a temporary solution until I found a different exhaust I wanted. The welds get the job done but aren't pretty. The piping as well isn't pretty or the most efficient but it gets the job done but the sound is pretty awesome! For $70 I'll take it...

In the video below it sounds MUCH louder than it actually is. Don't get me wrong it does make some noise but the camera was sensitive. That and it was a bit louder being as cold as it was (both outside and the truck).

At idle outside it makes a nice sound you can head outside and somewhat with the windows down but with them up you can barely hear it at all. Only a faint (VERY faint) rumble to let you know "hey this isn't your run of the mill V8." Cruising with the windows up it is inaudible, no droning or anything. You can head it when accelerating rapidly or at low speeds with a heavy load but only when pushing it. At speed you can't hear it.

...when you get on it, boy can you head it though! It is pretty intoxicating when the truck hits the higher revs and the turbos kick in! It goes from docile, nice and calm to a mean, boisterous growl letting you know she is moving.

For the low cost. Definitely worth it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1FutG81f-w

Yes they welded into the tips. I was against it at first but it was the only way it would work with the piping available. I'll put new tips on should I change the exhaust later and these can be patched up in a matter of minutes so no harm done...

And a couple of the truck sicne I tinted the windows to match the back and added the roof cross bars.

Last edited by PutterMcGavin; 11-28-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:44 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Nice can't wait to hear it on youtube

Old 11-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Video is now up! It sounds louder than it actually is but you get the idea...

When I get some tiem I will try to take some more when the truck is warmed up and maybe some fly-bys.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:01 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Gee, it is throatier and much louder inside than stock OEM. While it's kind of tempting, I've a warranty to protect and staying low key is one of the aspects of owning one of these soccer mom rides. [Darned Trooper followed me in the housing area last night. Long enough to run my plate. I've seen his SUV often enough. I just had mine waxed and guess he never noticed me, his neighbor before.]

Old 11-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by gr8ful
Gee, it is throatier and much louder inside than stock OEM. While it's kind of tempting, I've a warranty to protect and staying low key is one of the aspects of owning one of these soccer mom rides. [Darned Trooper followed me in the housing area last night. Long enough to run my plate. I've seen his SUV often enough. I just had mine waxed and guess he never noticed me, his neighbor before.]
I wouldn't let the video dictate your decision totally. Inside the truck it is VERY quiet you are just hearing the air from the heater which was on full blast as it was in the 20's where I was when the video was taken.

The camera as well magnifies the sound. While it is somewhat on the louder side, it isn't annoying or obnoxious at all. Maybe a bit louder than some may like but I'm sure you could install smaller diameter piping OR just install the pipe on one side and not both to quiet it down a bit.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:55 AM
medtech is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Video is now up! It sounds louder than it actually is but you get the idea...

When I get some tiem I will try to take some more when the truck is warmed up and maybe some fly-bys.
Putter,

Thanks for the vid. It sounds great! I like the bigger pipe set-up.

Hackem,

Kudos to you for being one of the first to do this to a Cayenne!
I had this mod on my 911 and I absolutely LOVED it!

To the OP,

I have had the following mods on my cars:
1. Cargraphic Cat bypass pipes (see avater pic, also these are for sale in the marketplace)
2. CG bypass and CG muffler (way too loud)
3. CG muffler and stock cats (current set up)
4. Muffler bypass mod w/ 2 1/4 inch pipe (on a 911)

Here's my 2 cents...
If I had to do it all over again I would just do the cat bypass and possibly the muffler hack (best bang for the buck hands down) .

The CG bypass + the CG muffler was too loud even for me, and I got a noise ticket within 48 hours of this set-up (however the pedal response was awesome! ).

IMO, the CG bypass OR the CG mufflers by themselves are about equal as far as sound, pedal response, etc. So, the cat bypass is the better deal.

If you get a set of bypass pipes that don't come with hangers (ie, Fabspeed) I highly suggest you have a shop weld a set on for you.

Good stuff guys!

Last edited by medtech; 11-29-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Proximo
Hey does anybody know a way I can make my cayenne CTT sound louder without spending too much?
I was thinking on straight pipe any ideas? or is it better to get an aftermarket exhaust
Hi Proximo, check out our Fabspeed 2ndary catbypass pipes which will not affect emissions and no CE light. They will make a nice HP and sound improvement that you will notice and also improve the gas mileage. The new Fabspeed catbypass have been redesigned a little and also include hangers if you would like. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne CTT exhaust