Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Anybody switch from Panamera to Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:01 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
they are both about the same size lol

Old 01-19-2011, 03:19 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pakundo
i bet that if porsche makes a minivan ...everyone here will tell you to go and get the minivan....IMHO.. cheers!!
If the styling, performance and reliability is worthy of the PORSCHE badge why not go and buy it (if the need arises) may I ask ?

Old 01-19-2011, 03:37 PM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pakundo
i bet that if porsche makes a minivan ...everyone here will tell you to go and get the minivan....IMHO.. cheers!!
My reference was to his comment of being above a minivan that wasn't screaming "STATUS!!!" Personally I like Toyota Siennas.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:22 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RisingAgainst
I can speak on behalf of baby seats in Cayenne's fairl well. My fingers received more scrapes/cuts/bruises trying to get a car seat in my Cayenne than they would in a vice with blades on it. To top that point off, the amount of room leftover for front seats and in the back row period, was pretty minimal. I'd say get a MB Minivan if its that big of a deal to have a nicer vehicle.
Current or previous gen Cayenne?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:54 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by medici78
No offense, but I'd sooner lose all the money from my Panamera before I'd drive a minivan, lol.
We already have my wife's Lexus LX570 for full-on family duty but I am looking for something sportier/powerful for myself that I can carry the 2 small kids and baby in a pinch.
Keep the comments coming. I'm actually seeing more arguments to just keep the status quo, lol.
Minivans are the root of all traffic evil........ lol

Old 01-20-2011, 05:42 AM
kriegsjr is on a distinguished road
No offense, but I'd sooner lose all the money from my Panamera before I'd drive a minivan, lol.
We already have my wife's Lexus LX570 for full-on family duty but I am looking for something sportier/powerful for myself that I can carry the 2 small kids and baby in a pinch.
Keep the comments coming. I'm actually seeing more arguments to just keep the status quo, lol.
I got out of a 2 plus 2 to an "11 CS so I have the option of taking all 3 kids. It is tight with car seats, but fine if one or two of the kids are out of car seats( booster or other) I also the additional roof and trunk space for Paddleboards.

Now, if I had Panamera Turbo, I would drive for as long as possible as we both know, there are really not that many instances when we have all 3 kids!

Old 01-20-2011, 10:11 AM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
Current or previous gen Cayenne?
1st gen. My upcoming car is most likely a minivan. Is there a trick to using car seats in these that I don't know? The more simple car seats aren't extremely difficult, but the adjustable ones that utilize the latch points are ridiculously complicated. I don't see how the rear-most latches work like in the manual, but the ones under the grey buttons aren't stable and leave the necessity for the rear tether. Anyways I totally derailed the OPs topic. My apologies

Old 01-20-2011, 10:23 AM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RisingAgainst
1st gen. My upcoming car is most likely a minivan. Is there a trick to using car seats in these that I don't know? The more simple car seats aren't extremely difficult, but the adjustable ones that utilize the latch points are ridiculously complicated. I don't see how the rear-most latches work like in the manual, but the ones under the grey buttons aren't stable and leave the necessity for the rear tether. Anyways I totally derailed the OPs topic. My apologies
The way I do it is sit on the seat (put all your weight on it) and tighten up the slack on the LATCH tethers.

Originally Posted by kriegsjr
Now, if I had Panamera Turbo, I would drive for as long as possible as we both know, there are really not that many instances when we have all 3 kids!
Yeah, true dat. I get the feeling my wife and I will split the kids up between us to give her breathing room with the baby and I'll take the older two. Her Lexus LX570 is a pretty sweet ride when I have to drive it anyway. My kids love riding in the GT3 and had figured it would be cool to have a Porsche for everyone, which was my original intention with the Panamera, until the "surprise" lol.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:58 AM
TiDr is on a distinguished road
I have a pretty good set up too, 911 turboS, SUV, 4 door pick up truck with DVD Player. truck is always handy with two kids and two dogs going to beack etc.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:01 PM
TexasPorsche is on a distinguished road
Just looked at cayenne S today. Back seat only has places for 2 latch babyseats. Probably not the one to carry 3 seats around in.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:01 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
This is true; However, in order for those rear seats to sit 'flat', the fronts must be moved forward. So, unless you're 5'5" its not something you'll do all the time -

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
The backrows also can recline to some extent and be moved back and forth for a few inches. Two features that do not exist on many two row SUVs. One thing to consider would be to avoid the 18-way seats that have a prominent sculpted side bolsters for the passengers on either side making for too snug a fit for the center passenger on the second row. I have attached a picture for you on the 18s. The 8-way and 14-ways do not have those bolsters. Let me know if you need pics of those.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:52 AM
STDFAST is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
i personally never understood how the panamera is priced above the cayenne,

cayenne
-more seats
-more room
-hauls stuff
-more metal
-same options available
-same HP
-same engines

the panamera is just smaller, sedan that holds less cargo and people.

Nice

Old 01-24-2011, 12:23 PM
ManMachine is on a distinguished road
There's nothing wrong with a minivan - it holds more people and more stuff than any other type of vehicle, and for a family with three kids, it's probably the only way to go if you expect lots of road trips. I'd say the new Honda Odyssey is worth a look - it has all the gadgets available, will drive better than most other minivans and SUVs, and it's cheap to maintain.