Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Got my ECU back with UPsolute Chip last night for the CTT!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:10 AM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
So will these DV work for the 2011+ Cayennes as well? Also, it's hard to tell the location of these from the pictures, but it sure doesn't look fun. Had to do it for my Audi TT and that was a pain.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:10 PM
gearheinz is on a distinguished road
dying to get dyno results !

Old 08-26-2011, 04:52 PM
daled is on a distinguished road
Cole, did you ever get your coil packs put in?

Old 08-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Hopefully tomorrow.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Good news.....got my coils in today. Old ones looks good, no cracks so it must have just been the BPV issue. Who needs some good coils?

..and the bad news......Something else to fix now first!

Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Cole
Obvioulsy with 2 turbos you need to buy two of these. Ask for the "blue" springs to be installed
Cole, Can you shed some more info, website etc, on the blue springs for these valves. Did you go blue due to your ECU upgrade?

I have a stock CT and was curious if I could use these APR R1 valves as direct replacements or do I need different springs installed.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Honestly I have no idea what the blue springs really mean. I emailed APR and told them my specs and they chose the springs.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:09 AM
daled is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cole
Good news.....got my coils in today. Old ones looks good, no cracks so it must have just been the BPV issue. Who needs some good coils?

..and the bad news......Something else to fix now first!

Is that your drive shaft?

Old 09-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Yes, the dreaded drive shaft support bearing. I ordered a new one that will hopefully be here today.

Hope its not too hard to install.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:54 AM
porschetec is on a distinguished road
Cole, did you notice anything while driving
that would lead you to suspect a drive shaft support bearing failure had you not actually inspected the part visually?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I would occasionally get a low speed rumble. That was about it. It came apart under full throttle.

When I tok the shaft out my CV joint was way stiff, so it was failing. Tried replacing just the bearing support but the CV was too shot. Had to replace the whole shaft. Just got it sorted yesterday and now waiting on a flight to Seattle.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:44 PM
mja305 is on a distinguished road
tune

Hi guys wanted to share my experience with the Upsolute tune. I am down in Miami and I usually take road trips to ny etc in the winter with the family. about 3 years ago I was heading to Chicago and fooled the wife into making a pit stop in North Carolina. Left the wife in the hotel and went to see Rene and his son from Upsolute. I must say when I arrived at his house I thought I was going to end up behind a milk carton. Not to mention I couldn't understand **** he was saying! Once I was able to translate his accent I discovered that these two guys know there ****. They were extremely helpfull and kind. I took a huge risk going there and having them take my ecu out and reprograming it. if the tune failed I was going to be screwed! after seeing my life flash before my eyes a few times during the process I took the car for a spin. I noticed that it spooled up a lot faster but wasn't sure if the difference in boost was better. I had all the road in the world to try it the result was definitely noticeable in the low rpms and the boost gaugue did go up all the way to the end. Since then I ordered the dv valves from rene put in the bypass, and k&n. Tune has been working great. I do have the rough idle problem but I haven't checked my coils. I am out of warranty now so will try and get some coils to see if that makes it better. here is a clip of how it's running but it was a horrible attempt at topping it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IGda0hsXVc&sns=em