Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tourist delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:44 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
That is ridiculous. BMW load their vehicles for European Delivery with EU maps, then reflash when they hit stateside. Porsche surely can do this, especially with the premium they charge us on our vehicles plus Tourist Delivery costs.

J

Old 04-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Jsonorous is on a distinguished road
I agree, for a base you pay $1,150, for an S you pay $2,250 and for Turbo you pay $4,075 for tourist delivery! Add on a few thousand more for "sport" driving school...

The Navigon they provide works fine, but it would be nice to use your navigation that comes with the car.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:16 AM
YellowCayenneS will become famous soon enoughYellowCayenneS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Cars meant for the US market are only loaded with US maps,so for those who need a navigation aid in Europe,Porsche graciously lets you borrow the cheapest puniest gps they could find
One more way they save money...
Therefore I decided to pay extra(a pretty penny I might add)for a more powerful roof mounted receiver :-D
Very nice, your CT looks terrific. Enjoy the Autobahn and test the limits.

Please share you training experience, I wish to do European delivery on my nxt car...

Old 04-10-2011, 12:03 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Wowwww,today was even more awesome than yesterday
Glorious cool blue sky day
We went over the track section by section,before getting to drive the whole thing...and I was the only pepper surrounded by various 911's:gt3s,turbos...and held my own on the long sweeping turns and straights,but could not match them on the tight ones
I was all jacked up for the return trip:Leipzig to Berlin in 1 hour(you do the math)and had it up to 172
I forgive them for the cheap gps...cause today was a hoot in Porsche heaven

Old 04-10-2011, 12:18 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold

Old 04-10-2011, 12:24 PM

Old 04-10-2011, 01:57 PM

Old 04-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Jsonorous is on a distinguished road
This is speculation - maybe insurance premiums are greater for the S and Turbo? Most likely Porsche charges more because they can.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:08 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
So cool.. maybe next 911 pickup I will do this experience. Very nice!

Old 04-10-2011, 08:08 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
that's so dumb about the navigation. when you do BMW european delivery they load the nav HD with EU maps and then change them to NA before shipping.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Porsche is in the business of enabling you go fast so easily...with "cabin tech" a mere afterthought...
However the interior redesign is awesome and adds lots to the" sportiness "of the whole package..with a snug ****pit feeling(that's:c.o.c.kpit ;-) )
Sorry,I was nitpicking and being trivial by complaining about the navigation...though i did get a bit worked up when the Burmester would not play my dvd audio of the Doors"LA Woman"( my instructor who also works at Weissach,said he would ask the peeps reponsible for the sound system to look into it...)
All these mere details were quickly forgotten when I got to use the whole Leipzig track for 12 laps trying to keep up with 911s...and also when easily being able to take curves on the Autobahn at 150(torque vectoring really works!)with cars in the next lane and keeping it between 155 and 170 on a few uncrowded sections of the highway...

Last edited by pepper09tt; 04-11-2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:41 AM

Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
wow. simply. wow.

I would love to do this some day, I like that you took over a month to enjoy! That is the right way, considering you are enjoying every bit of porsche from the factory, to the track, plus you've got family to visit.... I think its safe to say that this is a trip of a lifetime. Congrats to you for really living it to the fullest!!!!! Have an awesome time and please do keep the pics coming!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by dinorocz
wow. simply. wow.

I would love to do this some day, I like that you took over a month to enjoy! That is the right way, considering you are enjoying every bit of porsche from the factory, to the track, plus you've got family to visit.... I think its safe to say that this is a trip of a lifetime. Congrats to you for really living it to the fullest!!!!! Have an awesome time and please do keep the pics coming!
Thanks D,amazing experience in Porsche heaven..especially if you do the Porsche driving school with your car after picking it up..such a way to get to know your car

Old 04-12-2011, 11:55 AM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tourist delivery