Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Turn signal not working. (and the light bulb was changed)

Old 01-28-2011, 07:42 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Turn signal not working. (and the light bulb was changed)

So I have had wonderful luck on this forum so far and all involved has been great. My newest problem is on my 04 CTT is that my right front turn signal does not work. the problem started as an off and on issue so i thought there was a short. Then it quit working all together. I changed the bulb and still nothing. I am tryin to see if anyone else has had this issue. I will take it to the dealer if I must but I like to solve all in house if you will. I am tryin to ride off into the sunset too (roxboxx), but there are right hand turns and no one wants to get pulled over for a signal light out in that kind of situation..

Old 01-28-2011, 08:21 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
check the fuse?? how about 4way flasher? is it working? relay??..worst could be the turn signal lever...cheers...

Old 01-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by pakundo
check the fuse?? how about 4way flasher? is it working? relay??..worst could be the turn signal lever...cheers...
4ways.. is a no go. fuse.. when I set the alarm and it locks.. no flash either. I need to look at the fuses but I cant see that one light being on its own fuse. relay would be cool, but yes.. I am worried it is in the column.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:14 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
Is it just your turn signal or do any other lights error out ? I've heard of this on only one side, yet a few error out. Re-starting the vehicle corrects the issue. It only occurs when the first time out (engine cold).

If its only the turn signal, sometimes folks turn the mounting bracket it sits in; too far.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by RobsCountach
Is it just your turn signal or do any other lights error out ? I've heard of this on only one side, yet a few error out. Re-starting the vehicle corrects the issue. It only occurs when the first time out (engine cold).

If its only the turn signal, sometimes folks turn the mounting bracket it sits in; too far.
it has seam to worsen with the weather getting colder.. but i do not believe that, that is the issue. and i do understand what you mean by cold start. That is the only light. head light, high beam, turning light all work.. just the turn signal. because it failed slowly i think something has been slowly failing.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:23 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by simpleman325i
it has seam to worsen with the weather getting colder.. but i do not believe that, that is the issue. and i do understand what you mean by cold start. That is the only light. head light, high beam, turning light all work.. just the turn signal. because it failed slowly i think something has been slowly failing.

who else has issue/s on cold weather?????

had almost similar issue two days ago(parked inside the garage)...due to cold weather..but in my case it was the wiper and the instrument cluster.dash light failed and all the warning lights came on...pcm.psm,abs,brake,air suspension....i thought that the transformer on the cluster failed co'z it took a while for the center dial on the instrument cluster to light up....disconnected the battery(13mm nut..located on floor on driverside) for two mins. and everything is back to normal...

Old 01-29-2011, 12:30 AM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
I just had this issue. It is either the socket OR it is the headlight track. Dealer just replaced mine and it is 100%

It was ongoing and intermittent but is better now and I haven't had any issues thus far.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:00 AM
fstrthnschnell is on a distinguished road
Yep. Right front. Most likely the socket. On mine it was loose. They just fixed after ordering a new part. And this is at least a known issue if not a re-occurring problem.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:56 PM
thanks, I will order a new socket on Monday and see if that fixes it. I just hope it isn't one of the control boxes. The dealer said that too, but then I got nervous cause he thought I was talking about another light. Maybe he, or I missunderstood

Old 01-31-2011, 05:59 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Whoa there cowboy. Stop the order!! Im gonna save you some $$$$. Take a look at the copper contact points in the socket. Im 98% sure this is where your issue lies. Either the contacts are corroded and can be sanded down with a small piece of sandpaper, or the contacts are not touching the base of the bulb enough anymore and just need to be bent out slightly with a small flat-head screwdriver to make good contact again. Just make sure that if you are going to bend out the contact points, make sure the car is off and no lights are on, otherwise you will blow the fuse.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:16 PM
cmoore1 is on a distinguished road
Fasthackem is spot on--I had the same problem on my 06S. I would add one additional thing--clean up the mating contacts in the headlite pod. I cleaned the contacts on both the socket and the pod several months ago and the problem hasn't come back. The contacts I'm talking about are not the bulb to socket contacts but the contacts on the outside of the bulb holder and the mating contacts inside the headlite pod.

Last edited by cmoore1; 01-31-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: add last sentence
Old 01-31-2011, 04:04 PM
I will try this. I did try bending the tabs out a bit the last time I had it apart, but still a no go. I started looking for the fuse for that indicator and learned that there are fuse panels on both sides of the dash; however, my owners manual only describes the left side...

Old 02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
cmoore1 is on a distinguished road
On my 06S the right turn fuse is a 10 amp fuse in the right side fuse box at position # 35.
In fasthackem's response--not sure what he means in reference to making sure that lights are off or you will blow a fuse--as the entire headlight pod will be out of the car and on the workbench in order to remove the turn signal bulb holder to work on the contacts.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cmoore1
In fasthackem's response--not sure what he means in reference to making sure that lights are off or you will blow a fuse--as the entire headlight pod will be out of the car and on the workbench in order to remove the turn signal bulb holder to work on the contacts.
HAHA!! You're correct sir. I guess I was just thinking about working on most other cars that have the sockets permently attached to the wiring harness. Thank you for calling me out on that one. Anyway its a good rule of thumb when it comes to sticking a screwdriver in any electrical socket on a vehicle, unless the part your working on comes completely disconnected from the power source as in this instance.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Well I would like to thank all who replied.. I took it to the Porsche dealer today and they fixed it. Bad socket! apparently these lights are very touchy. The up side is, I didnt have to pay due to the fact the dealership I purchased the car from covered it for me.. Thanks again all

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turn signal not working. (and the light bulb was changed)