Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Leistung Motorsports bypass pipes review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:02 AM
quattrotman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sharkster
This is actually pretty neat and good to hear. We only make ours specifically for the Turbo (there are differences) and so for the Cayenne S' guys I'll be sure to send them their way....

Here's ours for the Turbo and Turbo S:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=270
Too bad they're $695.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by quattrotman
Too bad they're $695.

guys, youre maybe a bit late but alot of members on here paid 1200-2200 just for bypass pipes.....when cayennes first came out and some still charge that......

Sharkwerks has a good rep even past the cayenne.........and thats a decent deal..

Not trying to be holier than thou.......alot of people dont find deals until people such as yourself find them and post to help others..

So good for you if youre happy but 200 bucks difference is still a deal from Sharkwerks..

Old 02-11-2011, 10:24 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Too bad they're $695.
Well I do agree they're a couple of hundred bucks more but there's a few reasons why in terms of the sizing, being mandrel bent vs welded pipes, we also include new OEM gaskets, hardware, instructions (a rubber shark lol) and of course have to pay for sponsorships such as on this site Actually, I do think it'd be great if they became a sponsor on here too and catered to the V8 S model and the like... As I was saying I'd be happy to point people their way since we don't make them for the S;(

Originally Posted by cordsig79
guys, youre maybe a bit late but alot of members on here paid 1200-2200 just for bypass pipes.....when cayennes first came out and some still charge that......

Sharkwerks has a good rep even past the cayenne.........and thats a decent deal..

Not trying to be holier than thou.......alot of people dont find deals until people such as yourself find them and post to help others..

So good for you if youre happy but 200 bucks difference is still a deal from Sharkwerks..
Thanks for the very kind words and nobody else includes a rubber shark eh

Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 AM
quattrotman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sharkster
Well I do agree they're a couple of hundred bucks more but there's a few reasons why in terms of the sizing, being mandrel bent vs welded pipes, we also include new OEM gaskets, hardware, instructions (a rubber shark lol) and of course have to pay for sponsorships such as on this site Actually, I do think it'd be great if they became a sponsor on here too and catered to the V8 S model and the like... As I was saying I'd be happy to point people their way since we don't make them for the S;(

Thanks for the very kind words and nobody else includes a rubber shark eh
Sorry, not trying to be nasty...just thought I'd point that out. That's what forums are for (to share info and opinions). At least this forum respects that. This very same thread got deleted on another forum (which will remain nameless...starts with 'R' ends with 'T') I posted it on for doing nothing other than apparently giving props to a shop that wasn't a sponsor.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:06 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Sorry, not trying to be nasty...just thought I'd point that out. That's what forums are for (to share info and opinions). At least this forum respects that. This very same thread got deleted on another forum (which will remain nameless...starts with 'R' ends with 'T') I posted it on for doing nothing other than apparently giving props to a shop that wasn't a sponsor.
Hey not at all...you did mention us a few times in your posts so I thought I'd chime in. As I was saying I'm glad/happy and it's great information I didn't know myself and we've had plenty of folks ask us for the S-model version (different size tubing etc..) and so now I know where to send them thanks to you No reason to delete this thread etc... And for their sake maybe ask if they want to become a sponsor as it would be good for their biz too?

Old 09-25-2013, 06:20 PM
crs051767 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cordsig79

Hi all,

Just purchased my 2008 base with 32K miles on it (still smells like new) a month ago, and read through many blogs where everyone recommended the 2nd. cat bypass.

The only thing that discouraged me was the price, then it occurred to me to try asking a local muffler shop to just hack off the cats and replace it by a small tube.

Long story short, the guy said it could be done no problem and only cost me $70 + $4.90 tax. The guy did a great job and I am extremely happy with the result. Surprisingly, I did not notice a big increase in noise whatsoever. Now, the truck sounds like it has the "Sport" mode active at all times, which to me is just great.

Anyway, just thought I should share it with the community, as this could potentially save each owner a lot of dough. I'll try to post some pics in the next couple of days. Cheers!

Old 09-26-2013, 04:29 AM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by crs051767
then it occurred to me to try asking a local muffler shop to just hack off the cats and replace it by a small tube.
And people wonder why doing stuff like this to a Porsche is called a "hack" job . . . . .

Old 09-26-2013, 07:36 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
I am all for the hack. A good way to get the job done for fewer dollars. I have done the 2nd cat bypass on my 05 CTT, (leistung), and am now looking at doing the polished magnaflows for the muffler.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:37 AM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mtnrat
I am all for the hack. I have done the 2nd cat bypass on my 05 CTT, (leistung)

So rather than "just hack off the cats and replace it by a small tube", you bought Leistung bypass pipes. How's that a hack?

Old 09-27-2013, 05:24 AM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
lol, Not saying I did the hack, just that i like the hack solution. Cheap and likely the same results. I live very rural and there is no shop that I would trust or I would definitely have considered the hack. For the magnaflows I will have to go 180 miles to get it done.