Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Leistung Motorsports bypass pipes review

Old 02-03-2011, 10:59 PM
quattrotman is on a distinguished road
Leistung Motorsports bypass pipes review

Just wanted to share with you a new bypass pipe out there I tried out for my 05 CS. It's manufactured by Leistung Motorsports in Colorado. I got it because the design looked superior (it has hangers) and the price is right. It seems that right now they are only selling these things on ebay and that's where I got it. They sent it promptly and I was pleasantly surprised with what I got. Nice pieces! Stainless steel, mandrel bent, nice welds, all the necessary hardware, complete detailed instructions and they even throw in a 12mm swivelling box end wrench for those tought to get at nuts on the cats...that wrench was a lifesaver...I don't think I would have been able to do it without it. Nice touch!
Getting them in was like any of the other pipes out there. Pretty straightforward depending on the amount of rust you've got but the fit is perfect. The hangers are a nice touch too. Fabspeed doesn't have hangers (correct me if I'm wrong) but I think they are totally necessary and really help combat any possibility of it rattling against the transmission cross member. They aren't polished but I don't care about that and actually prefer it...with our smog testing they check under the car and the less obvious the better.
They claim a 15-17hp gain and I think that's about right.
Now the sound. Pretty cool. They sound really good. Almost stock at idle and get louder from there but not at all noisy or do they produce any drone. They actually sound identical to my friend's ride who has the fabspeed pipes. It's a simple design so there really isn't any reason why they should sound different from one brand to another.
This brings me back to why I'm writing about these. They are a good deal and perform as good or better than more expensive pipes from sharkwerks or fabspeed. They're listed on ebay for $465 but I hit the 'make an offer' buton and they gave em to me for $395. That's $200 less than the competition for the same thing in my mind. Makes sense to me.
Oh and did I mention the customer service? They sent me a set and then realized quickly that one of the pipes was wrong. So, before I even received them they sent out another set completely free of charge and refunded a portion of my purchase for my inconvenience. They also kept in touch with me to make sure everything went well and I had no issues. Top notch.
I highly recommend these for all you out there who are on the fence about getting bypass pipes but cringe at the price. I think it's a fair price at $400 and why not help out a new company trying to get into the game. These guys are awesome and their bypass is a great product at the right price. They are apparantly coming out with an exhaust very soon too which looks promising.
I've posted some pics of the units installed. Sorry, not the best pics but I only had my phone, it was cold and after work when i put them in so it's the best I could do
I may put up a youtube video of the sound but honestly it sounds just like other bypasses out there..no surprises.
By the way, I am not affiliated with these guys in any way...I just wanted to put out the word on a good product and a great price. Just super happy with my purchase!
Cheers!
You can check out their website too: wwww.leistungmotorsports.com

Name:  IMG_1690.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  194.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1691.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  192.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1693.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  205.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1697.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1701.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  202.5 KB

Last edited by quattrotman; 02-03-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:37 PM
So anyone else order these?

Old 02-10-2011, 06:32 AM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by quattrotman
So anyone else order these?
Great info and pictures. Thank you for the post

Old 02-10-2011, 08:12 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by quattrotman
Just wanted to share with you a new bypass pipe out there I tried out for my 05 CS. It's manufactured by Leistung Motorsports in Colorado. I got it because the design looked superior (it has hangers) and the price is right. It seems that right now they are only selling these things on ebay and that's where I got it. They sent it promptly and I was pleasantly surprised with what I got. Nice pieces! Stainless steel, mandrel bent, nice welds, all the necessary hardware, complete detailed instructions and they even throw in a 12mm swivelling box end wrench for those tought to get at nuts on the cats...that wrench was a lifesaver...I don't think I would have been able to do it without it. Nice touch!
Getting them in was like any of the other pipes out there. Pretty straightforward depending on the amount of rust you've got but the fit is perfect. The hangers are a nice touch too. Fabspeed doesn't have hangers (correct me if I'm wrong) but I think they are totally necessary and really help combat any possibility of it rattling against the transmission cross member. They aren't polished but I don't care about that and actually prefer it...with our smog testing they check under the car and the less obvious the better.
They claim a 15-17hp gain and I think that's about right.
Now the sound. Pretty cool. They sound really good. Almost stock at idle and get louder from there but not at all noisy or do they produce any drone. They actually sound identical to my friend's ride who has the fabspeed pipes. It's a simple design so there really isn't any reason why they should sound different from one brand to another.
This brings me back to why I'm writing about these. They are a good deal and perform as good or better than more expensive pipes from sharkwerks or fabspeed. They're listed on ebay for $465 but I hit the 'make an offer' buton and they gave em to me for $395. That's $200 less than the competition for the same thing in my mind. Makes sense to me.
Oh and did I mention the customer service? They sent me a set and then realized quickly that one of the pipes was wrong. So, before I even received them they sent out another set completely free of charge and refunded a portion of my purchase for my inconvenience. They also kept in touch with me to make sure everything went well and I had no issues. Top notch.
I highly recommend these for all you out there who are on the fence about getting bypass pipes but cringe at the price. I think it's a fair price at $400 and why not help out a new company trying to get into the game. These guys are awesome and their bypass is a great product at the right price. They are apparantly coming out with an exhaust very soon too which looks promising.
I've posted some pics of the units installed. Sorry, not the best pics but I only had my phone, it was cold and after work when i put them in so it's the best I could do
I may put up a youtube video of the sound but honestly it sounds just like other bypasses out there..no surprises.
By the way, I am not affiliated with these guys in any way...I just wanted to put out the word on a good product and a great price. Just super happy with my purchase!
Cheers!
You can check out their website too: wwww.leistungmotorsports.com

Attachment 143026

Attachment 143027

Attachment 143028

Attachment 143030

Attachment 143031
post a sound clip.....

Old 02-10-2011, 08:55 AM
crowland will become famous soon enough
Quattro - They are actually going to be fabbing me up a set. I spoke with Rob earlier this week and they dont have a template for the Turbo S yet, but should have a set within the next couple of weeks. I was told they had some stock cats on they way to use as templates. I'll be sure and document my impressions once I receive my set.

Thanks for your write up - It sealed the deal for me!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by crowland
Quattro - They are actually going to be fabbing me up a set. I spoke with Rob earlier this week and they dont have a template for the Turbo S yet, but should have a set within the next couple of weeks. I was told they had some stock cats on they way to use as templates. I'll be sure and document my impressions once I receive my set.

Cool...I'm glad I could help a few of you out. I like how Rib treated me so I wanted to do him a favor too. Its a good quality product.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cordsig79
post a sound clip.....

Sound clip would be nice.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Mama'sCayenne
Sound clip would be nice.
I will if I ever get a minute but like I said in the write up, the difference between mine and my friend's with a fabspeed pipes is not discernible. If you've heard those, you've heard these. Actually, now that I think of it there are sound clips on the website: http://leistungmotorsports.com/porsc.../2ndary-bypass

Last edited by quattrotman; 02-10-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Thanks for sharing the clip. Have you noticed an MPG difference for the better?

Old 02-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mama'sCayenne
Thanks for sharing the clip. Have you noticed an MPG difference for the better?
Only had them in for a couple of weeks, so hard to say. In all honesty, I doubt it would be much if any...but anything would help I'll have to pay attention to that over the next few tanks. For me, the sound, throttle response and bit of extra power are enough for me.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:02 PM
I hear ya. Anything is better than nothing, but we didn't buy a Cayenne for the fuel mileage, huh? Is yours a 6 cil or an S?

Old 02-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Disregard, just read your review again. An S, ok. That's what I have. So hands down, a good buy and you're happy with the results? Good to know.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:57 PM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
After speaking with Rob this morning, I too am on board for their bypass setup, as well as their full exhaust if mine proves too loud at the time of install.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:05 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by crowland

Will these work on a straight turbo too? I'm assuming, but don't know if there is a big difference.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:05 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
This is actually pretty neat and good to hear. We only make ours specifically for the Turbo (there are differences) and so for the Cayenne S' guys I'll be sure to send them their way....

Here's ours for the Turbo and Turbo S:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=270

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leistung Motorsports bypass pipes review