Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Windshield wipers revisited

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:11 AM
nelsonmx is on a distinguished road
Windshield wipers revisited

Hi all,

I know the wipers have been covered quite a bit but I seem to have a slightly different issue causing a similar problem.....
In my case the drivers wiper leaves an un-wiped streak in the center of the blade on the upstroke. The passengers blade leaves an un- wiped area in the lower area regardless of blade direction.

Here is what I found: On the passenger wiper arm there are two 16mm nuts holding the arm on. The right one is loose. When I torque this nut down both the drivers and passengers blades work perfectly! No elephant sounds either by the way........ The problem is the nut loosens as soon as I use the wipers and we are back to square one......

Just wondering if anyone has seen this on their Cayenne, and did replacing the two nuts and washers resolve the issue??

PS I have tried blue loctite so far with no success.....

Bob

Old 04-22-2011, 05:11 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Try a lock washer between the nut and wiper arm, or an aircraft nut with the same thread pitch.