Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Help finding Cayenne on Vessel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:42 PM
scottlma is on a distinguished road
Help finding Cayenne on Vessel

My 2011 Cayenne S is listed as "ONVESSL" and i would very much like to know which ship it's on so that i can track it. I have the VIN have tried searching on the W&M and w2mglobal site that has been posted many times, but they don't seem to recognize the VIN. My dealer told me that it would take him a few hours of trying to find it in Porsche system with no gaurantee of success. Does anyone know where on the Porsche system i may be able to point him to in order to find the name of the vessel ?

thanks,
Scott

Old 04-29-2011, 10:01 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
i would call porsche germand and ask for the b/l (bill of lading) number and the name of the shipping line

Old 04-30-2011, 12:10 AM
xsrfs is on a distinguished road
If you can find the shipping company's name and maybe the ship I can locate your ship

Old 04-30-2011, 04:24 AM
AJRDU is on a distinguished road
It took about 3-4 days after mine went ONVESSL before the dealer was able to give me the ship name. He told me that Porsche usually waits until the ship is underway to update the specific ship information. How long as it been ONVESSL?

Old 04-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by canberk
i would call porsche germand and ask for the b/l (bill of lading) number and the name of the shipping line
Thanks Canberk - Have you had any luck with this approach ? I suspect they might direct me back to my dealer, but I will give it a try. Any idea of what Porsche calls the department that might know (logistics ?)

Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by AJRDU
It took about 3-4 days after mine went ONVESSL before the dealer was able to give me the ship name. He told me that Porsche usually waits until the ship is underway to update the specific ship information. How long as it been ONVESSL?
I'm not positive of the exact date it went ONVESSL but its been at least 3 days. I suspect it was loaded in Emden and have my eye on a boat that left there 4 days ago - but not really sure if thats it.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:03 AM
AJRDU is on a distinguished road
I feel your pain. I had a working list of possible vessels based on when my cayenne could have left. None of the ships I was watching turned out to be the one but I got lucky. My car left on the 19th on the Marina Ace. It is scheduled to hit port in Brunswick, Ga. on May 2nd. The boat is only made one stop in between at Halifax NS.

I'm not a patient guy so trying to locate and follow this car from start to finish has been a crazy ordeal. I've learned a lot, however, about the way this whole system works. Best of luck and I'm sure your dealer will know something more by Monday.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:29 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by scottlma
Thanks Canberk - Have you had any luck with this approach ? I suspect they might direct me back to my dealer, but I will give it a try. Any idea of what Porsche calls the department that might know (logistics ?)
I am the purchasing department head of a company that imports more than 150 containers via shipping lines every month and I am the guy that tracks them. If you can get the name of the shipping line and your bill of lading number, I can tell you where your car is. If you can learn the name of the vessel I can also give you an estimate, but it might not be so accurate since most containers get transferred between vessels at transfer ports.