Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Changing Options: How close to Build Date?

Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 PM
MAPC is on a distinguished road
Changing Options: How close to Build Date?

I am having 'option remorse' on my June build 2012 V6. What experience do all of you have with making changes to options relative to production date? In other words- 'how close to production are you generally able to change options'?

I am keeping the colors, the model, the transmission. I have just realized that if I DON'T order the Premium Package but order what I want from it separately, I can save enough $$ to pay for a few other toys that I'd really like. This is mainly due to my realization that you double pay for the sunroof if you get one of the packages and then want the Panoramic sunroof.

I have a call and email into my dealer (who, by the way, has been GREAT in spite of taking the order at a substantial discount off of list) but I thought I'd ask here so I can be sure that I am getting accurate info from him.

Thanks everyone-

Old 05-11-2011, 11:25 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
I had no luck changing my options.. My rep said that its locked in when the order gets placed. Looks like your pretty close to your build date too... Good luck

Old 05-12-2011, 12:57 AM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
I think it depends on when PCNA locks the order, or when your dealer doesn't want to change it for you anymore and says it's locked? My order was locked about 30 days prior to build date, a good 45 days after my order date.

If it's any consolation, the packages do save u a substantial amount over purchasing the same options separately. I'm assuming u priced it out already and all, but this thread over on RL would have been more helpful for me if my order wasn't already locked. I also didnt like how u ended up double paying for some options like u referenced.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...immensely.html

Good luck.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:41 AM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
My 2012 Cayenne is also scheduled for production in June. I was told by my dealer a week ago that the order was locked and that no more changes could be made.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 AM
MAPC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by slw23
I think it depends on when PCNA locks the order, or when your dealer doesn't want to change it for you anymore and says it's locked? My order was locked about 30 days prior to build date, a good 45 days after my order date.

If it's any consolation, the packages do save u a substantial amount over purchasing the same options separately. I'm assuming u priced it out already and all, but this thread over on RL would have been more helpful for me if my order wasn't already locked. I also didnt like how u ended up double paying for some options like u referenced.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...immensely.html

Good luck.
I found that the value is only there if you want each item in the package.

Regarding the double paying: if you get a Package, it includes the sunroof. If you want the Package and the Panarama Sunroof, you don't get any credit for the basic sunroof.