Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Things to know before taking delivery?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 11:40 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
Things to know before taking delivery?

I'll be taking delivery of my car tomorrow!

I've been on this forum for a few months now so have been reading all the threads that come up, but are there any specific things I should know about Porsche (this will be my first) or the Cayenne before taking delivery?

Old 05-31-2011, 12:13 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
My only suggestion would be to have them clearly explain how everything ties into the key and seat memory buttons. If you change almost ANY setting in the car you need to lock it in.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:45 PM
NorCal_Cyclist is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
My only suggestion would be to have them clearly explain how everything ties into the key and seat memory buttons. If you change almost ANY setting in the car you need to lock it in.
+1

I kept thinking my radio was broken, as sometimes the presets would stay set and others they wouldn't. Turned out it was if I had the memory on or off and when I last saved the the cars presets.

This can effect everything from your radio volume to station presets to seat positions to lighting to HVAC.

Also tied to the key, so there are really 4 possible memory settings (2 per key).

Old 05-31-2011, 04:57 PM
pedah3 is on a distinguished road
Have them show you how to adjust the opening height of the rear hatch. I've almost had it hit overhead pipes in a garage I park in occasionally. Had I not adjusted the max opening position, I would have been talking to a details shop to repair scratches.

+2 on the radio/menus/seat/mirrors etc settings with the key.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:07 PM
NorCal_Cyclist is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pedah3
Have them show you how to adjust the opening height of the rear hatch. I've almost had it hit overhead pipes in a garage I park in occasionally. Had I not adjusted the max opening position, I would have been talking to a details shop to repair scratches.
I've had some close calls as well...this is something I had no idea was adjustable. On the list for my 2012 delivery.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:37 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
doh. wish you guys told me this sooner! these are actually exactly the things i wondered...

1. does the seat memory tie into each key. if so, where can i make these changes to lock it in?

2. Does anyone ever worry about hitting the open hatch button in the house? i'm afraid i'll hit it and it will automatically start opening and cause it to hit my garage door....

3. can someone explain how to adjust the height the hatch opens.. ?

Thanks!

Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 PM
by the way if it isn't easy... i'll dig through the owners manual. thing is a monster though.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 PM
Found the hatch info. Page 27 of owners guide.

Question though.. When it says "detection of obstacle during opening" does that mean after hitting something, or proxy sensor detection?

Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 PM
DonS is on a distinguished road
To set the hatch height, do the following:

1. open it from the back
2. at the height you want push the hatch close button
3. the hatch will stop
4. fine adjust the height by hand
5. push in and hold the hatch close button until you hear three beeps
6. the hatch will now only open to this height
7. to clear, open the hatch
8. then position by hand
9. repreat step 5.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Ambient Lighting

If you have this option, be careful when first driving after dark
The horseshoe light above your head comes on with blinding light when it gets dark
If your driving, it's too late to get out and read the manual
There's a button in the overhead console to the front right to turn it off.
Find that button before you drive into the dark
I leave mine off unless I want the madding glow.
There are probably some other settings to dim or undim on the fly, but don't get caught while your driving.

Regards

Old 06-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Parking Assist

* Great option and will ding ding ding the closer you get to an object
* Find the button in the overhead console to turn it off (rear/left)
* Turn it off when going through a drive thru or you'll drive youself and the teller nuts if you get close enough to reach his/her window.

regards

Old 06-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Cupholders

* Beware, they are not designed for U.S. big drinks.
* If you get a large drink narrowed at the bottom, the cupholder can and will let it fly around a turn.
* hold onto those drinks or they'll be a pool of liquid in that beautiful leather seat next to you (the manual says NOT to get liquids in by the way).

* Beware, a 12 v outlet is in between the cupholds
-

Old 09-01-2011, 05:58 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NorCal_Cyclist
+1

I kept thinking my radio was broken, as sometimes the presets would stay set and others they wouldn't. Turned out it was if I had the memory on or off and when I last saved the the cars presets.

This can effect everything from your radio volume to station presets to seat positions to lighting to HVAC.

Also tied to the key, so there are really 4 possible memory settings (2 per key).
OK, I know this post is a bit old, but I couldn't help it.

LMAO!!!

This is so true I just took delivery of my S this morning and all day I have been getting in and out and wondering WTF is going on. I set all these parameters and would get out and then come back and they were all off or gone, would go through the whole process again, then get out to run an errand come back and the same scenario.

It was driving me nuts!!!! When I got home I finally cracked open the manual and realized I had to lock all the settings in.

Oh even worst during the day since I had just picked up the car I had both keys in my pocket and unknowingly was switching amongst them.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:18 PM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
bump

Old 09-28-2011, 12:16 AM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DonS
Cupholders

* Beware, they are not designed for U.S. big drinks.
* If you get a large drink narrowed at the bottom, the cupholder can and will let it fly around a turn.
* hold onto those drinks or they'll be a pool of liquid in that beautiful leather seat next to you (the manual says NOT to get liquids in by the way).

* Beware, a 12 v outlet is in between the cupholds
-

So true - so I`ve decided to place the coffee flask in the door's water bottle space. I was also suprised by the lack of depth of the coffee/drinks holder in the center armrest!

Cheers,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Things to know before taking delivery?