Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Memory Buttons & Keys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:04 AM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
Memory Buttons & Keys

Can anyone point me to some clear documentation on how driver memory works in the 2011/12 Cayenne? I've read the manual and picked up references in multiple threads on how confusing it all is. Has anyone written a clear "how to" guide for this?

I am picking up my new Cayenne in a few weeks and would love to be prepared for how this works. Here's my basic understanding:

- The memory function is largely driven by the key fob being used.

- The memory buttons on the driver/passenger door are driven by the key fob iteself (meaning driver #1 and #2 buttons and settings change for each key fob being used).

- The settings actually "float" based upon what is being used in the car. Meaning, for example, if you have all of your memory set up but you want to just change lumbar support briefly your memory settings are also adjusted.

- If you don't want the memory settings to be stored you have to press the "OFF" button on the doors or else settings (including PCM settings) will be adjusted.

Do I have that right? I do 98% of the driving in the car so it really isnt too much of an issue but I do valet my car almost daily (city parking garage) and they frequently change the seat settings to park the vehicle. I'd hate to readjust memory settings every day. Can I just click OFF and have that stay OFF permanently or do I need to press it every time I turn on the car?

Any help or tips are appreciated.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:14 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
From what I can figure out, if you temporarily change a setting (seat, lighting etc.) and don't lock them in by pressing the memory button on the door, it will revert to the old setting the next time you get in the car. If you make a change and want to make it permanent then you must lock it in with the memory buttons. I've never pressed the off button and am not sure what it does.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Alby is on a distinguished road
Correct. Any adjustments you make are not stored unless you reset the stored memory position

Old 06-02-2011, 06:47 PM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
That is good news and simpler than the manual and some of the other posts made it sound. Thanks!

Old 11-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Lightning505 is on a distinguished road
Question Storing sriver's seat settings on key fob

Originally Posted by tex94
Can anyone point me to some clear documentation on how driver memory works in the 2011/12 Cayenne? I've read the manual and picked up references in multiple threads on how confusing it all is. Has anyone written a clear "how to" guide for this?

I am picking up my new Cayenne in a few weeks and would love to be prepared for how this works. Here's my basic understanding:

- The memory function is largely driven by the key fob being used.

- The memory buttons on the driver/passenger door are driven by the key fob iteself (meaning driver #1 and #2 buttons and settings change for each key fob being used).

- The settings actually "float" based upon what is being used in the car. Meaning, for example, if you have all of your memory set up but you want to just change lumbar support briefly your memory settings are also adjusted.

- If you don't want the memory settings to be stored you have to press the "OFF" button on the doors or else settings (including PCM settings) will be adjusted.

Do I have that right? I do 98% of the driving in the car so it really isnt too much of an issue but I do valet my car almost daily (city parking garage) and they frequently change the seat settings to park the vehicle. I'd hate to readjust memory settings every day. Can I just click OFF and have that stay OFF permanently or do I need to press it every time I turn on the car?

Any help or tips are appreciated.

I recently purchased a 2008 Cayenne. I have been able to program the memory seat buttons. But, I have been unsuccessful in following the manual's directions on how to program the key fobs. I have done a bit of research, and this appears to be a common issue that can be rectified only by the dealer. Can anyone enlighten me/us further on this issue and suggest a non-dealer fix? Thanks!