Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Freaking car is making some loud vibration noise...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:32 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
Freaking car is making some loud vibration noise...

Just picked up the car this week, 2011 Cayenne, only put 200 miles on it so far. When i turn on fan for the climate control it makes this really loud vibration noise, the higher i turn up the fan the louder it gets. started today.

Anyone have this issue? This is ridiculous... brand new car.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:41 PM
YellowCayenneS will become famous soon enoughYellowCayenneS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 2011PorscheCaye
Just picked up the car this week, 2011 Cayenne, only put 200 miles on it so far. When i turn on fan for the climate control it makes this really loud vibration noise, the higher i turn up the fan the louder it gets. started today.

Anyone have this issue? This is ridiculous... brand new car.
No, please take it to the dealer. Posches are known for their reliability so calm down and talk to the dealer,

GL, I hope you get it fixed and have no more issues!!

Old 06-02-2011, 08:51 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear that. Should be an easy fix. Take it to the dealer. I understand your frustration given the $$$ amount spent on your Cayenne but please relax and treat your car with respect. Keep us posted on this.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:36 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
thanks folks. just bothers me since i've been waiting 4 months for this car, and i've driven it for 2 days.

on top of that, this is my first Porsche and i can't say it's getting off to a good start. i can only imagine that when i take my car in they're going to want to give me some crap loaner based on what people have said about being able to get Porsche loaners.

When I had my BMWs I always got BMW loaners....

Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 PM
YellowCayenneS will become famous soon enoughYellowCayenneS will become famous soon enough
thanks folks. just bothers me since i've been waiting 4 months for this car, and i've driven it for 2 days.

on top of that, this is my first Porsche and i can't say it's getting off to a good start. i can only imagine that when i take my car in they're going to want to give me some crap loaner based on what people have said about being able to get Porsche loaners.

When I had my BMWs I always got BMW loaners....
As Woot said it should be something simple and push your dealer for a similar or better loaner.

GL again.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:43 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
First time hearing of such a problem. Frustrating, I know, but hopefully will be a simple matter to resolve. Good luck.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe just the belt is loose or out of balance.??

Good luck as the above posts say, if imagine it a quite and minor fix. Don't let this worry you with your new ride. These are good cars.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:54 PM
dropped by the dealer to make an appointment, i'll be bringing in the car next Monday. spoke with the service advisor and he said that it's probably just the blower, no big deal. he also said that he can get me a porsche loaner on monday when i bring it in.

pretty happy with the outcome, Scott @ Rusnak Porsche Pasadena definitely hooked it up. I'll let you guys know what happens after the fix on Monday.

Cheers

Old 06-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Thumbs up

dropped by the dealer to make an appointment, i'll be bringing in the car next Monday. spoke with the service advisor and he said that it's probably just the blower, no big deal. he also said that he can get me a porsche loaner on monday when i bring it in.

pretty happy with the outcome, Scott @ Rusnak Porsche Pasadena definitely hooked it up. I'll let you guys know what happens after the fix on Monday.

Cheers
Rusnak has pretty good rep... happy for you.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:19 PM
j080808 is on a distinguished road
Afternoon-long time listener, first time poster.

Thought I would jump in on this one. Had the exact same thing happen on my 2011 CS Saturday. Fan spun-up, heard a "thud" and it sounded like a propeller after that.

Went in this morning without an appt, dealer gave me a Panamera and 3 hours later it was done and out. An errant part label stcker got sucked into the fan housing and threw it out of whack. Interstingly enough, the service department looked up the part number off the sticker, and I dont even have that option...

Good luck with it.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by j080808
Afternoon-long time listener, first time poster.

Thought I would jump in on this one. Had the exact same thing happen on my 2011 CS Saturday. Fan spun-up, heard a "thud" and it sounded like a propeller after that.

Went in this morning without an appt, dealer gave me a Panamera and 3 hours later it was done and out. An errant part label stcker got sucked into the fan housing and threw it out of whack. Interstingly enough, the service department looked up the part number off the sticker, and I dont even have that option...

Good luck with it.
got the car back today, same issue! except they found a decal in the fan housing. i guess the car must be prone to have crap stuck in there or something... or maybe it's been in there since it came out of the factory and i never turned the fan up enough to notice?

Anyways problem solved and i'm happy. I didn't get as lucky with you getting a Panamera, but I did drive around a Cayman around today. I hate to say it... but the Cayman.. I was surprised. I can't believe that car costs $50k+... What i can say is i'm happy to get my Cayenne back.