Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

955 Turbo buyers guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 10:32 AM
aki
aki is on a distinguished road
955 Turbo buyers guide

Hi all,

Newbie to this forum looking for a little advice.

I am currently in the market to purchase an early 955 turbo (2003 -2005). From the research that I've done so far the main issue seems to be the coolant pipes and ensuring they've been changed to metal items.
What other items should I be looking for when inquiring about these vehicles? Are there any other component that should have been replaced during its life that are prone to failure?

Is there a definitive buyers guide on here?

Thanks in advance
Aki

Old 07-05-2011, 09:50 AM
aki
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dual Cams
have them look into center drive shaft, water pump, rear trunk and glass struts, headlight seals, horn (s). good luck on your new car and let us know if you got any other questions.
Thanks for the advise. I've been doing some more research and is the center drive shaft also known as the 'carden shaft'? which part of the drive shaft is prone to failure?

Also is the water pump a service item that would be changed by the dealer as a precaution or is this part prone to failure?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:11 AM
aki
Thanks for clarifying. I'll be sure to look out for these items when I view a vehicle.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:23 PM
aki
Oil leak found on inspection

I went and viewed 2 CTT yesterday. I took an inspection camera from work with me so that I could get into the tight spots to check if coolant pipes had been changed etc. One thing I did notice with both cars was that they appeared to have an oil leak from the left hand side of the engine. Even with the camera it was difficult to locate exactly where the oil was coming. It looked like it may have been coming from an oil pipe that runs to turbo but I cant be sure? In contrast the right hand side of the engine on both cars was dry and there were no traces of oil leaking.
I was surprised to find both cars had the same issue. Is this a common problem with these cars? Has anyone experienced similar issues and if so what did you track down to be the cause?