Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Anyone running a 265/65/R18?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Tedman5 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for posting this! Looks great!! Exactly the route I’m planning so it’s good to see a visual. Just ordered nerf bars and front bull bar from Europe, planing to order some underside steel skid plates, and swing hitch mounted spare carrier from Wilco. Should get me close to what I’m wanting to do for a Cayenne overlander.
where did you order your spacers from and how much were they?

Last edited by Tedman5; 10-30-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:34 PM
2009GTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Tedman5
Thanks for posting this! Looks great!! Exactly the route I’m planning so it’s good to see a visual. Just ordered nerf bars and front bull bar from Europe, planing to order some underside steel skid plates, and swing hitch mounted spare carrier from Wilco. Should get me close to what I’m wanting to do for a Cayenne overlander.
The adapters were off ebay about $100

Here is the sellers name:
mcpowersportsoutlet

Old 11-09-2019, 02:20 PM
Charles W is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ShyGuy
I just lifted the car a little using the factory air suspension.
are you saying you add air to the shocks? Is the air nozzle on each individual shock? How much air pressure did you increase too?

Old 12-02-2019, 01:31 PM
OjaiM5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just bought this off forum member producerjohn -it's a 6 - manual.
I flew into Las Vegas and he picked me up in his 993 at the airport. Pretty awesome.
I am loving the Cayenne so far. I switched over from a manual X5 wich feels pretty crude compaired to the Porsche.
It has goodyear wrangler duratrac 265/65 r18 that are way too loud. Pretty much kills all the luxury of the SUV but they look awesome.
Looking forward to partaking on this forum
Photo credit to John -

Last edited by OjaiM5; 12-04-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:40 PM
TheBozAbides is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 2009GTS
I just put 265/65/18 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires on last week. I also put on 1.5" adapters. I got a touch of rub in the front wheel well at extreme turn.

Those look awesome and are one of the tires I'm considering. How's the road noise when traveling on the highway? Also, do you have air suspension and if so, what height setting was this picture taken?
Spacers are a good idea, but 1.5" seems a little too much for me. Quality looks good, though.

Old 12-04-2019, 06:23 PM
2009GTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TheBozAbides
Those look awesome and are one of the tires I'm considering. How's the road noise when traveling on the highway? Also, do you have air suspension and if so, what height setting was this picture taken?
Spacers are a good idea, but 1.5" seems a little too much for me. Quality looks good, though.
Road noise is minimal. I do have air suspension and use 1 notch up from normal. or 1 down from the top. At 50mph it drops to normal level automatically.

Old 03-02-2020, 04:06 PM
Colorado is an unknown quantity at this point
hi, I have a 2012 Cayenne Hybrid. Do you know if the wheel wells have been modified on 958.2 ? I also have pneumatic suspension, do you need to put in middle or high level to clear ? Thx > Awesome looking and dirty car !

Old 08-09-2020, 03:58 PM
Tecchie is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BigBearJoe
Hello everyone! This will be my first post to the forum. My wife and I just bought our first Porsche, a 2005 Cayenne Turbo, about a month ago. After perusing the various forms I took the leap and bought a full set of 18 inch stock wheels and installed 265/65R18 Kumho Road Venture AT51 all terrains. After one challenging but damage free excursion up a little used, overgrown, rocky forest road here in the western Cascades and a few street miles I can report no rubbing/clearance issues with the tires.

On a side note, this trip confirmed my long-held desire to get a Cayenne. It's a thrill to drive on the pavement and a very competent off-road vehicle as well.

What is it about humans and the forest? Found this at the very top of a challenging, rocky, overgrown seldom used forest service road.

Eagle Creek Rd., Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, north of Skykomish, Washington

HA! I just got mine a couple months ago and looks exactly like yours! I’m in the Everett area, so close by! I’ve been looking for some trails to play with this thing on, so far I’ve only took it up the Mount Loop highway and through the pass to Darrington.

Working on fixing a few things, like removing the parrot Bluetooth device & the K40 lizard detector/diffuser, but killed sound to the driver door woofer & midrange. Trying to locate the right wires to join back together lol oops.

sorry for the large pics!

Old 01-11-2021, 10:18 PM
John P1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BigBearJoe
Hello everyone! This will be my first post to the forum. My wife and I just bought our first Porsche, a 2005 Cayenne Turbo, about a month ago. After perusing the various forms I took the leap and bought a full set of 18 inch stock wheels and installed 265/65R18 Kumho Road Venture AT51 all terrains. After one challenging but damage free excursion up a little used, overgrown, rocky forest road here in the western Cascades and a few street miles I can report no rubbing/clearance issues with the tires.

On a side note, this trip confirmed my long-held desire to get a Cayenne. It's a thrill to drive on the pavement and a very competent off-road vehicle as well.

What is it about humans and the forest? Found this at the very top of a challenging, rocky, overgrown seldom used forest service road.

Eagle Creek Rd., Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, north of Skykomish, Washington
Thank you for this post! It’s three years later but I’m hoping someone is still subscribed to this thread! 😂😂

I’m looking to install the same 265/65/18 on my Pepper Turbo... can you confirm that you have the air suspension and that there is no rubbing while highway driving on the low setting (which is automatic from 120km/h). As far as I am aware there is no way to disable dropping ride height at higher speeds... they do this for stability... so if you’re going over undulating roads on highway there will be a lot of body movement which could be an issue. TIA

Old 01-11-2021, 10:54 PM
John P1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Tedman5
Hi Tedman,

who are your ordering nerf and Bullbars through on Europe? I assume by now you have already installed them as well as Wilco spare tyre carrier... how difficult was it to mount to Wilco accessories (especially spare wheel carrier) and what was required?? Can your post (send me) pics and costs of items please... trying to prepare a budget for my CTT overlander.

TIA

Old 01-12-2021, 12:24 AM
BigBearJoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello John,

if you are interested in building a Cayenne overlander and using American-made parts, you definitely want to check out this Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/484150522226556
These folks seem to have suddenly exploded the aftermarket parts availability and build discussions for Cayenne's here in the US.

For the record we just recently installed new tires and this time went with Toyo Open Country AT III mainly because they just look more aggressive. Still the same 265/65R18 size and no significant issues with rubbing. And yes since we've got a Turbo that comes standard with the air suspension. My wife is the one who drives the car and I doubt she ever sets the suspension to the low range or drives over 78 mph (125kph). You may experience some light rubbing on the plastic and if you do a little massaging with a heat gun can move the plastic out of the way I believe. At least "that's what people are saying".

Last edited by BigBearJoe; 01-12-2021 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:53 AM
David.Peters is an unknown quantity at this point

BF KO2's 265/65/18 LT on my GTS with air suspension at max ride height, the GTS is a few cm lower than the standard S so with a software tune it will be higher, not rubbing anywhere lock to lock at low height. A little bit noisier than the 21" Michelin's I use for everyday driving but the KO'2 feel much better than the 21" at normal driving speeds, I run them at 40psi

Old 09-06-2021, 10:46 AM
mep1811 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by David.Peters

BF KO2's 265/65/18 LT on my GTS with air suspension at max ride height, the GTS is a few cm lower than the standard S so with a software tune it will be higher, not rubbing anywhere lock to lock at low height. A little bit noisier than the 21" Michelin's I use for everyday driving but the KO'2 feel much better than the 21" at normal driving speeds, I run them at 40psi
Are you running factory wheels? Any spacers?

Old 09-07-2021, 05:03 AM
David.Peters is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mep1811
Are you running factory wheels? Any spacers?
Yes those are factory 18" wheels I purchased separately but they are a Porsche Cayenne wheel, I believe a cayenne turbo 2 18 wheel
no spaces used, no rubbing etc.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:42 PM
Rvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant future

I’m running 265/65/18 on a 2.5 inch lift

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone running a 265/65/R18?