Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New (to me) 2008 Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:28 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by el_chorizo
Definitely. From a stop light in sport mode with PSM off it's hard to take off gently The car is a beast.

BTW, is it normal for these things to have super load power steering pumps. It almost sounds like it's going to go out... I assume it's the power steering pump it sure sounds like it but it's possible it's something else. Like a gear whine almost but all the time, notice it at idle and it increases with revs...
Looks Beautiful man!! Tough too
I second the bypass pipes and intake! Primary cat deletes, Exhaust and tune are next for me.

As for the p/s...I know mine doesn't really make any noticeable noise or whine at idle...YET, lol.

I will say on my CTT, I hear more of a howl at speed though (Maybe you have the same thing??). Not sure what it is..but it's there when I give it gas, when I let off, it goes away. Its coming from the engine bay for sure..I was first thinking water pump, b/c sometimes they howl before they fail, but it should also do it at idle too. Now I'm thinking something with the intake harmonics or something....because it sounds like a dull whistle...very weird.

Anyways, good luck with your beast!

Old 11-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
Regarding your question about the lowering module....

I have the TechArt module on my '09 GTS, and I LOVE it!

It works really well, by lowering the Normal and Low settings by just a bit, but the best feature is when you shut the car off and lock the doors, the car lowers to a level that is slightly lower than the stock loading height. You hear the air suspension lowering and it starts to drop.....so cool!

I don't think any of the other lowering modules (Renntech, Champion, etc.) have that functionality...though I may be wrong.

Good luck and enjoy your new ride!!!