Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cruise Control doesn't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
no fuse for cruise control on cayenne.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:26 PM
frufrmme is an unknown quantity at this point
Cruise control doesn’t work

Wanted to add a comment just Incase someone is still out there looking for help. I had bought a cayenne about a month ago and didn’t realize the cruise control didn’t work until about a week later. The green light would not come up on the panel and I as normal I have to press the brake pedal to turn on the car so figured that was not the problem. So I went for the cruise control switch. Found there is no way to take off the switch to test without pulling wheel off and who knows what else. So decided to try and reseat the plug with separating the switch a little from where it plugs into in the back of switch. When I plies it just a little the light came on. Let go and it stayed on until I turned car off and back on. So I plied a little to make it come back on and kept it there while I turned off and on several times and it stayed on. So I took a qtip cut off the ends and shoved it between to keep the connections. I been driving it last 2 weeks and it works every time now. I am sure it has something to do with the switch but as long as it stays working like this it will stay like this. Hope it helps and if you want a pic of where I put the qtip let me know I can post it.

Old 12-15-2019, 12:44 AM
j shadow is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by frufrmme
Wanted to add a comment just Incase someone is still out there looking for help. I had bought a cayenne about a month ago and didn’t realize the cruise control didn’t work until about a week later. The green light would not come up on the panel and I as normal I have to press the brake pedal to turn on the car so figured that was not the problem. So I went for the cruise control switch. Found there is no way to take off the switch to test without pulling wheel off and who knows what else. So decided to try and reseat the plug with separating the switch a little from where it plugs into in the back of switch. When I plies it just a little the light came on. Let go and it stayed on until I turned car off and back on. So I plied a little to make it come back on and kept it there while I turned off and on several times and it stayed on. So I took a qtip cut off the ends and shoved it between to keep the connections. I been driving it last 2 weeks and it works every time now. I am sure it has something to do with the switch but as long as it stays working like this it will stay like this. Hope it helps and if you want a pic of where I put the qtip let me know I can post it.
can you post a pic ?