Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Questions re 05 Cayenne Turbo oil change

Old 04-02-2012, 12:43 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Questions re 05 Cayenne Turbo oil change

I read in other threads for oil change , but still have questions. Will greatly appreciate if someone who did oil change on 05 cayenne turbo can chime in. Here we go:

1. What tool and size do you use for the oil filter drain plug
2. What tool and size do you use for oil pan drain plug
3. How many oil drain plugs are there in the cayenne turbo (excluding oil filter drain plug)
4. What tools are needed for taking off covers.
5. Can you recommend methods to remove oil filter without making a mess
6. Does the car have to be on ramps or jacked up, or can I use air suspect to raise it?
7. Any other tips will be appreciated.
8. When resetting maintenance interval, can you set what that interval will be or is it automatically reset to same Porsche interval (actually what is the interval set to)?

Thanks as always. Getting ready to do oil change but will be getting durameric first and hopefully answers to above.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
[quote=ciaka;3503182]
3. How many oil drain plugs are there in the cayenne turbo (excluding oil filter drain plug)
6. Does the car have to be on ramps or jacked up, or can I use air suspect to raise it?
8. When resetting maintenance interval, can you set what that interval will be or is it automatically reset to same Porsche interval (actually what is the interval set to)?
quote]
1) No plug on the filter housing. I bought an oil filter housing "socket" to fit the housing from Sunset Porsche.
2) 6mm hex - I use a 3/8" socket.
3) 2 plugs
4) 10mm socket for the bottom "skid plate"
5) pretty much drips straight down so not really an issue IMO
6) I use air suspension, but do place jack stands underneath as protection
7) I usually put a little oil in the filter housing when installing. Not much due to volume of the filter when it goes back on
8)Not sure what the DME resets to.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:02 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Awesome. Thanks for the info....looks like I may have the stuff I need. Only outstanding question is the last one...

A: No plug on the filter housing. I bought an oil filter housing "socket" to fit the housing from Sunset Porsche.

A: 6mm hex - I use a 3/8" socket.

A: 2 plugs

A: 10mm socket for the bottom "skid plate"

A: Pretty much drips straight down so not really an issue IMO

A: I use air suspension, but do place jack stands underneath as protection

A: I usually put a little oil in the filter housing when installing. Not much due to volume of the filter when it goes back on

A: ???

Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 PM
garukun is on a distinguished road
I dont think so. And you cannot set that yourself anyways.