Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche Entry and Drive Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Is shaping up to be a dealer programmable function, and seems like each fob has to be individually programmed as well.
Will have to to more research on this one.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:41 PM
statepkt is on a distinguished road
^Right. I am hoping a Durametric can control these options as well....if they do I will be buying one for sure

Old 05-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Well I broke down and bought a Durametric since no one with one answered

I'll update if I see options on modifying this behavior

Old 05-20-2012, 06:19 PM
lonertic is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by statepkt
Well I broke down and bought a Durametric since no one with one answered

I'll update if I see options on modifying this behavior
how did you go? Have you got the durametric yet? am assuming you got version 6? I'm keen to find out what "tweaking" options are available from Dura 6 too. I have a Durametric v5.0 and aside from service reminder resets it didn't help with what I bought it for (Xenon ballast module code reset, avail only from v 6.0 onwards)..

The other option is buying an official Porsche PIWIS which I'm sure you can use to program these kinda stuff but it's quite expensive to say the least.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Bought the latest version. Haven't gotten it yet, will get it mid this week.

In other news I have a CEL and most likely the P0441 EVAP code, which I will get to confirm when I get it as well

Old 05-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Bought the Durametric and bad news. So far I have not seen any options for coding modules for the Cayenne. Emailed Durametric and they cannot tell me if the device supports any coding on the Cayenne.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:27 PM
russnyc is on a distinguished road
please keep at it. I always felt there should be a setting that would cause the doors to lock when you walk away with the key fob.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:27 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Skylinegtrv98
Okay....so the sun finally came out and i went out and played with the auto lock feature....here is what I did...

1. Turned car on...and went to setting to disable auto lock and auto unlock doors and tail gate.

2. Turned car off and went away from the car....Never heard the car beep to signal it was locked....

3. Turned car back on... turned all the setting back to normal. Put the key in my pocket and walked away.

4. Less than a min later I heard my car beep and it was locked

Ohh and just to add something that I don't know if it is related to this or not....but when I use my other key fob it doesn't act the same way. When I use my other key fob to lock the car I don't get the signal beep or anything...just the normal lights blink... Not sure about the auto locking with my other key fob because i just keep it at home incase i misplace my key...Don't know if any of this helps you out....

edit:
Ohh...And I am not sure if it is really a distance thing or a timing issue...that wasn't something that I really checked....I just always assumed that it was a distance thing because in my mind it is cooler that way...HAHAHA....plus when i park my car in my garage I leave the keys in it, and it doesn't lock the car while they are left inside...
Auto lock is only for if you unlock and don't open a door from what I read