Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche Entry and Drive Question

Old 04-29-2012, 12:49 AM
statepkt is on a distinguished road
Porsche Entry and Drive Question

I have an 05 CTT with Entry and Drive option. Keyless unlock works fine on all doors. However the lock features does not seem to be working, as I have to use the remote to lock (pushing button on handle doesn't lock it).

Is there any trick perhaps I am missing? Is this an option that is possibly disabled through programming and I would have to get a durametric or go to the dealer to enable?

Old 04-29-2012, 04:58 PM
russnyc is on a distinguished road
to lock the car without touching the remote you depress the small button on any of the extern door handles. It's about a 1/2" square. On my black handles you can't even see the button as it also is black. I have not found a way to lock the doors automatically when walking away.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:40 PM
^thanks, but that is what I am doing. I press that button but it does not lock the doors.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:21 PM
russnyc is on a distinguished road
of course you've tried all 4 doors. Sometimes I find the car doesn't recognize the key if the key is behind a phone in a pocket. After that I start thinking about fuses but really don't know. good luck with it.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Yeah I have tried holding both of my keys right next to the door and pressed the button.....

Was just wondering if anyone knew if it was an option that could be turned off or on via durametric

Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Skylinegtrv98 is on a distinguished road
I am not sure about with the CTT with the keyless, but I know that with my 04 CS that I am able to go into the settings and have it auto lock when the key is out of range. So if you forget to lock your doors and start walking away it will auto lock the car once the key fob is out of range...I just tested it, and it was about 15-20 feet before I heard the car beep signaling that it was locked...ohh...and if by chance you leave your keys in your car and walk away it will remain unlocked...

Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 PM
^Thanks I forgot about that, will try it later tonight

Just bugs me on why it doesn't work.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:31 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Skylinegtrv98
I am not sure about with the CTT with the keyless, but I know that with my 04 CS that I am able to go into the settings and have it auto lock when the key is out of range. So if you forget to lock your doors and start walking away it will auto lock the car once the key fob is out of range...I just tested it, and it was about 15-20 feet before I heard the car beep signaling that it was locked...ohh...and if by chance you leave your keys in your car and walk away it will remain unlocked...
Are you sure?

I can't find any mention of the Auto lock sequence that you describe in any of the owners manuals from 2003 to 2006.

They all describe the auto lock feature as the doors automatically locking once the car is travelling 4mph or greater, which is exactly how my CTT functions. Nothing about keyfob out of range locking.

AFAIK there is no difference between the CS and Turbo Kessy either.

Last edited by Bigbuzuki; 05-02-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't know where you would find it in the manual, as I am not a person that ever reads them. But what I can tell you is that I do have the auto door lock turned on so when I am driving my car auto locks the doors and all doors unlock when the engine is turned off and the key is removed from the ignition.

And yes I am sure that my car auto locks when I walk away from it without hitting the button. I use this feature a good bit when I am carrying lots of things from my car and don't have a free hand to hit the button ie: multiple cases of beer...HAHAHA. Also I just tested it before my last post, and again right now as I was heading into my office....

Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Well this is the first time I have heard of this feature and definitely need to get this sorted out on my CTT due to the potential beer carrying maneuvers.

I'm curious to know if this out of range fob feature is directly related to the auto lock selection on the menu.

Could you possibly try turning the auto lock selection off and see if the out of range lock still works and report back.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Sure I could give it a try with the auto lock disabled...I have an easy day at work today....It is raining right now....so when the weather gets a bit better I will give it a go...

Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Okay....so the sun finally came out and i went out and played with the auto lock feature....here is what I did...

1. Turned car on...and went to setting to disable auto lock and auto unlock doors and tail gate.

2. Turned car off and went away from the car....Never heard the car beep to signal it was locked....

3. Turned car back on... turned all the setting back to normal. Put the key in my pocket and walked away.

4. Less than a min later I heard my car beep and it was locked

Ohh and just to add something that I don't know if it is related to this or not....but when I use my other key fob it doesn't act the same way. When I use my other key fob to lock the car I don't get the signal beep or anything...just the normal lights blink... Not sure about the auto locking with my other key fob because i just keep it at home incase i misplace my key...Don't know if any of this helps you out....

edit:
Ohh...And I am not sure if it is really a distance thing or a timing issue...that wasn't something that I really checked....I just always assumed that it was a distance thing because in my mind it is cooler that way...HAHAHA....plus when i park my car in my garage I leave the keys in it, and it doesn't lock the car while they are left inside...

Last edited by Skylinegtrv98; 05-02-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the update.
In my case, If I just touch the handle and have not actually pulled it to open the door, Kessy unlocks the car, as it should.
If I still haven't physically opened the door within a minute the car will auto lock itself again.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 AM
So Here is another strange twist in my experiments with the auto lock. As I said before I never tried the auto lock with my second key fob. Well last night when i got home from work I grabbed it and decided to see if it would work. And to my surprise...NADA....nothing I did could recreate what happens with the key fob that I normally use. This was pretty darn unexpected....and has me baffled...

Old 05-03-2012, 05:47 PM
So I finally tried walking away from my car with both keys in my pocket.....nothing happened even at 30 ft away.

I will have to go back and try your sequence you mentioned above about going to "normal settings".

BUT perhaps this is a feature that is enabled or disabled via the computer through programming (Porsche Dealer or Durametric)??? I haven't bought a Durametric so I hope someone with one could check this out.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Entry and Drive Question