Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Chinese Tire Brands

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 PM
mdot is on a distinguished road
Chinese Tire Brands

Have any of you had any luck with decent chinese tire brands? Im going to get a cheap set of tires to toss on my 22" rinspeeds and im looking for a decent set that has as minimal road noise as possible. I will be selling the car pretty soon and i dont want to invest to much into tires.

Any specific brands to look for??

Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
I think cheapest are Nexen, Nitto, Sumitomo or Yokohama

wait cheap tires but you're putting Rinnspeeds?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:47 PM
mdot is on a distinguished road
Oh i forgot to mention that they are rinspeed reps

Im aware of those brands but what i was wondering is if anyone has had experience with other non-brand name tires such as Fullway, Achilles, saffiro etc.. Ive noticed that those brands are roughly half the price of any name brand out there.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:23 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Never heard of them. I question what kind of service the owner performs when I see cheap tires on used cars. Don't do it bc you can be putting yourself at risk.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by djantlive
Never heard of them. I question what kind of service the owner performs when I see cheap tires on used cars. Don't do it bc you can be putting yourself at risk.
+1

I wouldn't buy a used Cayenne if it had super cheap tires. It makes you wonder...

Old 11-15-2012, 12:21 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
I know you want other brands but, I have the Nexen Rodian HPs on 22" GTS reps and they are good. Handling is good, wet or dry. Wear rate is excellent. Sound level is good. Plus, they were only around 150 each installed.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 PM
loveivs is on a distinguished road
I would suggest you stay away from the Chinese tire brand unless you drive your cayenne like a grandma most of time. The #1 Chinese tire brand had few recall in the past few years. The TV news here say it has severe quality problem. If the #1 brand is like this... I don't think I would take my life to test their reliability .

Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 AM
WDC 911 is on a distinguished road
I thought Nitto, Sumitomo and Yoko's were Japanese. I've never heard of Nexens.

Originally Posted by alex911s
I think cheapest are Nexen, Nitto, Sumitomo or Yokohama

wait cheap tires but you're putting Rinnspeeds?

Old 11-24-2012, 11:47 AM
mitechman is on a distinguished road
off brand tires

I have Atturo 275/40/20. I bought them with GTS style wheels. They did not cost much but I would not recommend them. they are noisy- more than my snow tires and handle ok but just don't grip. With the AWD I have noticed it tends to wear the inside of the front tires (my Jeep SRT8 did the same thing) so I did not want to spend a ton of money. Not all of us make a ton of money....I would have to say you get what you pay for. I don't drive my CCT too much anymore so they are ok. I only have 6000 miles on them but no problems so far.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:45 PM
mpatrizio is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FastHackem
I know you want other brands but, I have the Nexen Rodian HPs on 22" GTS reps and they are good. Handling is good, wet or dry. Wear rate is excellent. Sound level is good. Plus, they were only around 150 each installed.
I was happy with my Nexen's as well.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 PM
fromserenity is on a distinguished road
I only have experience on Minerva tyres on Cayman. I hit a huge pothole in the middle of the night in heavy rain, and Minerva was the only brand the road assistance had available in correct size that night. They were round, black and really very, very cheap. 200EUR for two new 19" front tyres, including fitting. I used them for around 2000km, and even took the car to Nordscheife with these tyres. Nothing to complain about, really. They were quiet, offered a decent level of grip both on dry and wet tarmac, and... Well, that's it.

But worry not! The car now has a proper set of tyres!