Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

First real drive of the Cayenne, comments...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 10:16 AM
CoreyNJ is on a distinguished road
First real drive of the Cayenne, comments...

So yesterday 2 friends and I packed our kids up in the cayenne and went to the LimeRock to go watch some of the NewEngland grand prix(AMLS) stuff.

It's about 300+miles round trip so I got some good comfort time with the car.

Opinions, love the car, but should have ordered the air suspension and gotten a lowering module. Having never owned an SUV before, I feel too high(Lowering springs are now a must).

Found the Compass in the dash useful even with the PCM, but it's stupid I can't display distance to empty and the compass in the multidisplay at the same time.

This car has a hugh gas tank compared with my old audi wagon or my Carrera. I didn't have to refill to keep it above 1/4 tank.

Handeling while not as good obviously as my 996, it's on par if not better then the A6 avant was and the rear bias for the AWD is much sportier than Audi's quattro.

The rear sun shades are awesome, they keep the black interior cool.

Can't talk much about acceleration, I only have 480miles and need to go about 1500 more before I can check it.

and then of course I had 5 people(3 adults and 2 kids) and was still able to park in the porsche parking area was great(I was the only Cayenne)

My only snag is if I'm on a hill going up or down and accelerate, and my headlights are on I get alert telling me to have my headlamp alignment adjusted. If this is the only issue I have with my car I'm happy, I hope the dealer can fix it quickly. No car is perfect from delivery and they do need some minor fixes(that's why they have a warranty)

Cheers all,
Corey

Old 07-04-2005, 10:37 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Which variant of the Cayenne do you have?

Old 07-04-2005, 10:51 AM
CoreyNJ is on a distinguished road
I have a Cayenne S, May 30 2005 build. Just picked it up last week. Ben, may he rest in peace, convinced me not to order a turbo due to the potential oil issue.